SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!! I want to know what the difference between the ES motors and trans. mounts and the original ones that I have in my car?? And whats the prices for the ES???
TIA!!!

·
Bad Banana
1,411 Posts
The bushings are made from polyurethane, which is a lot harder material than the stock mounts. When you hit the throttle, the engine shifts quite a bit with stock mounts, causing suspension to quickly bounce. Have you ever noticed when you do a huge launch, and your wheels hop, that's because of soft motor mounts. Polyurethane bushings are much harder, therefore not absorbing the movement of the engine, but stopping the movement.

To prove my point, try this:

If you jump on a bed, the mattress will make you bounce because it is soft.

If you jump on the ground, you wont bounce, you'll just stop because it's hard.

Everyone, Does this make sense?

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
but what is wheels hop???
It is basically the wheel grabbing then slipping then grabbing then slipping, etc. It causes the front end of the car seem like its bouncing slightly.

-saaby

·
SERCA-SoCal
801 Posts
if you plan on going turbo, you might consider getting the JWT mounts these are harder than the es mounts. also change your control arm bushings because once you eliminate the wheel hop with the harder motor mounts if your control arm bushings are shot your wheels will start moving front to back on a hard launch.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sunny said:
if you plan on going turbo, you might consider getting the JWT mounts these are harder than the es mounts. also change your control arm bushings because once you eliminate the wheel hop with the harder motor mounts if your control arm bushings are shot your wheels will start moving front to back on a hard launch.
I'm planning to run at about 11-12psi with my bb sr20det..so it wil be advantagous for me to buy the JWT mounts? and how much they are?oh..last question.. what is control arm bushing?? I probably know what is it,but not in english...
Thank in advance!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts