SR20 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 11PM this will be done. vBulletin is a database-based system whereas UBB is flat HTML files. This will enable the forums to take up much less space and be much faster as well. There are also a lot more features and it will be easier to backup and restore.

The forums will be offline for less than an hour to import all the UBB data over to the vB system. When it's back up this URL will be the new forums automatically. Just wanted to prepare ya'll for the change.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE and crashed 93 NX2000

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like you NEED any more damned smilies

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
You can never have too many smilies

------------------
Place Racing CAI,JWT S4 cams and JWT ECU with S4 program, hotshot gen3 header, greddy SP exhaust, KYB AGX's and Ground Controls, Konig Traffiks with Nitto NT555's

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Hopefully not any kind of anti-free post device.
</font>
Don't you disrespect me you damn... [email protected]#@

[This message has been edited by borguesian (edited 08-30-2001).]

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
See the Granturismo.com forums for an example of vBulletin:

http://forum.granturismo.com/

It used to use UBB, but it got upgraded when a few bugs got too annoying for admins and mods. Added features and speed are nice by-product for users.

There a few things I like about UBB over vBulletin, but they're minor. vBulletin is better overall.

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
UBB is lame. It's over. It's done.

I'll be migrating over at 11pm tonight, which means that I'll be turning off this place at 11pm. This will mean no lost posts or missed posts in the migration. Should be less than an hour to import all of your rambling threads. (When I did a test import there were over 60,000 threads online)

Everything should be the same as far as your account is concerned. The venerable b15sentra.net forums use vBulletin, and I finally gave in to the pestering of the [email protected] If there are any problems you can blame him.
See you at midnight.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I'm not going to be no scape goat. when you call me at 11:30 and ask what you did wrong, I hope you enjoy my answering machine fewl. :p

BTW, create the search index so you can search on 3 letters

·
Registered
415 Posts
Check out http://honda-acura.net. They use vBulletin over there. It has a lot of nice features, and looks pretty high-tech.

------------------
1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R (5-Speed Manual)
STILLEN Hi-Flow Intake
STILLEN Performance Exhaust
Hotshot Racing Header
Kosei K1 Silver Racing Wheels
Dunlop SP Sport 5000 Tires

[This message has been edited by Chris93SER (edited 08-30-2001).]

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I like our ol' skool look!!!
oh well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts