SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing msd digital 6 + on my 93 b13 gti-r motor I have everything installed and wired up(thick red and black to batt ,black / red from oe coil pos to the red wire on the msd box orange and black from msd to blaster coil ) the led comes on when I turn my key to the on pos but no spark I checked the green/ yellow wire (oe coil neg ) and it has no contunity to ground so I did the test procedure and remove the coil wire place it 1/2 inch from ground tap the white wire to ground and it sparked from the coil wire to ground went a step further and pulled a plug wire plugged in a old spark plug hooked the coil wire back up tapped the white wire to ground and it sparked . so where are you guys putting the white wire ?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
well I have came to the conclusion that it is not the msd I bypassed it and the car still dosent start . im gona quit for a while before I burn this G/D car to the ground , so the green /yellow wire is the sig (coil neg) , black and red is 12V (coil pos)via the diagram the green /yellow wire comes from the power transistor through the resistor to the coil plug by the pic above mine is backwards so I went out and changed it in the middle of this message and tried 2 diff power transistors . I duno if I want help or gasoilne and a match . pretty much my problem is nothing is triggering my msd box it has 12 v from the batt 12 v at the coil black /red wire which I have hooked to msd red wire ,and the green /yellow hooked to the white wire, I did all the tests place the coil wire 1/2 inch from ground take the whire wire tap it to ground and the coil sparks violentley trust me on that I took a hit from it today damnear pissed me self. this is a msd digital 6 + ign and a blaster ss coil setup .

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
here is my setup it is a mess now because I have been fing with it for 2 days trying to get it to fire . these are the oe coil wires black and red which I had hooked to the red msd wire
green and yellow which I had hooked to white msd wire

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
wiring at the coil orange from msd box to coil pos ,black from msd box to coil neg

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I called in the experts for this one , this is monday installing the new harness

·
Is an SE-R/VE a VE-R?
2,262 Posts
This shouldn't be it, as on my '93 I had nor have no problem whatsoever, but from the D6+ directions above:
NO-RUN ON FOREIGN VEHICLES
Some foreign vehicles with fuel injection systems may require an MSD Tach/Fuel Injection Adapter to run with an MSD 6 Series Ignition. This is because many of these systems use the same trigger source to operate the MSD, the tachometer and the fuel injection. This results in a voltage signal that is too low to accurately trigger the fuel injection. To fix this, an MSD Tach Adapter, PN 8910, will remedy the problem on the majority of vehicles. If the PN 8910 does not fix the problem, the PN 8910-EIS will be required.
Note: Toyotas and Ford Probes will require the PN 8910-EIS Adapter.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok just tried it with the tack adapter and no go . I bypassed the msd alltogether and it still dosent start so I dont f #$%ing know

·
Come get your ham Tina!
380 Posts
When you crank the car do you get any voltage on the coil wire at all? if not check your fuses. I would be pretty sure that a DMM would be able to pick up something. I am not an expert but this seams like a logical place to start. Make sure that your car is trying to fire before you get all crazy (oh wait, you are allready there). Hang in there, someone will know more. Good Luck

·
Is an SE-R/VE a VE-R?
2,262 Posts
Good one. If nothing when msd is bypassed, then it's not the msd wiring. Might have shorted something during install?
J

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

I will have to look and see where the white wire goes. It's been a few years...
are you using a stock coil ? it looks like the white and red wire are right there in the pic to the left I have the orange and black from the msd hooked to the msd blaster ss coil and the green yellow hooked to the white msd wire and the black and red hooked to the red msd wire

1 - 14 of 14 Posts