SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I have got my engine running and MSS hooked up (with DE loom and ECU)finally, but when I test drive it the VVL didn't kick in (both cams). I connect yellow and green wire to MSS direct from solenoid and other signal from ECU speed, RPM etc....(source from www.sr20ve.com.uk). and now i can drive my car but it feels lack of power even worse than stock SR20DE, I tested the solenoid and I hear "tick" sound also I tried to set up the RPM to trigger VVL from the MSS but it didn't work even I switched chanels. here are the questions I would like to ask....
1. how do I know which is chanel 1 or 2??

2. I hear people from forum trigger VVL via groud instead of possitive but how to wire it up with MSS??

3. would the timming change and fuel suply be alright when I use DE ECU??

4. how did you guys set up with MSS such as RPM, TPS voltage etc..

I am running out of idea really need help here please provide in detail..

Thanks alot guys

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Cabin03 said:
Hi everyone
I have got my engine running and MSS hooked up (with DE loom and ECU)finally, but when I test drive it the VVL didn't kick in (both cams). I connect yellow and green wire to MSS direct from solenoid and other signal from ECU speed, RPM etc....(source from www.sr20ve.com.uk). and now i can drive my car but it feels lack of power even worse than stock SR20DE, I tested the solenoid and I hear "tick" sound also I tried to set up the RPM to trigger VVL from the MSS but it didn't work even I switched chanels. here are the questions I would like to ask....
1. how do I know which is chanel 1 or 2??

2. I hear people from forum trigger VVL via groud instead of possitive but how to wire it up with MSS??

3. would the timming change and fuel suply be alright when I use DE ECU??

4. how did you guys set up with MSS such as RPM, TPS voltage etc..

I am running out of idea really need help here please provide in detail..

Thanks alot guys
1. I don't remember which is which, but you could just turn one off and then use a test light or voltmeter to test which wire is completing a circuit.

2.. You act as if you have a choice. The Greddy MSS ONLY switches ground. That means you need a +12v source for the other wire on each solenoid. If you have one wire on the solonoid from the MSS, and the other as negative/ground, it will not work because you just have two grounds.

3. What injectors and MAF are you using? If you're using DE injectors and MAF, then no it will not.

4. Check the sticky at the top of this forum. It show you how to set it up for RPM only. Get that working, then your on your own for the rest of it. Most of us just set it with the RPM input.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi mpg99

I am using DE MAF and VE injectors but I know the principle of vtec it will change timing when vtec kicks in would that happen to my VE?? also would that be enough fuel when I use DE ECU and MAF when VVL engage??

On question #2 I have connected yellow and green wire from MSS to each solenoid, like you said I might give two ground therefore it will not engage should I connect the other wire to battery (or possitive terminal) ??? should I add a relay??

Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts