SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a louvered glass pack mid pipe (old one had a hole in it), and stock muffler, how much more hp/torque should I expect by switching these out for straight through set i.e.perferated glass pack and magnaflow muffler? is it even worth it?

Mciin1
92Nx, 63K miles, UDP, AEBS, POP intake.

[This message has been edited by mciin1 (edited 04-05-2001).]

G

·
Good Question... I am wondering the same thing. I have completely stock exhaust, and wondered if it would be worth my time to go with the perforated 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 glasspack (as a replacement for the stock resonator)and matching pipe to the stock muffler (until I have the fundage for an aftermarket...) anyway, what does everybody think???!!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well heres what I gots to say:

I have all the bolt ons basically and did not notice ANYTHING half as much as when I put my exhaust on. All I bought was a generic muffler (HKS Mini-Dragger Style) and had a muffler shop make me a 2.25 free-flow cat back. I noticed this by far and my friends did too when I'd race them. I'm sure youve heard about how NX2000's exhaust is very restrictive...and its very true. The muffler ran me $120 and the muffler shop charged me $70 for parts and labor. A great exhaust setup for under $200. Also it sounds great, a nice deep drone with a high top end. Suprisingly sounds and looks better than my friend who just bought a $700 Greddy Catback (Also better power response).

·
Registered
145 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JohnnyCongo:
Well heres what I gots to say:

All I bought was a generic muffler (HKS Mini-Dragger Style) and had a muffler shop make me a 2.25 free-flow cat back. I noticed this by far and my friends did too when I'd race them...The muffler ran me $120 and the muffler shop charged me $70 for parts and labor. A great exhaust setup for under $200. Also it sounds great, a nice deep drone with a high top end.

</font>

hmmm, how loud is this setup compared to the stock exhaust and aftermarket exhausts?

Is the 2.25 inch pipe stainless...and what kind of bends?

I'm getting very happy...

ahhhh, has to be non stainless and crushed bends for that price...still happy though.

------------------
-----------Josh
'93 NX2000
not quite stock

[This message has been edited by nx2kPA (edited 04-05-2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts