SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Stealth -SR20-
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading some threads and cannot find the answer I am looking for...

Ok, here is my goal. I want to install an exhaust that can deliver the sound exactly (or close) as the factory 350z or G35 coupes without sacrificing any performance.

I have a Bluebird engine in my NX and I need some exhaust work bad...

Any ideas or suggestions that I can get?

Thanks.

·
the ONLY nx in PALATINE!!
869 Posts
I have been reading some threads and cannot find the answer I am looking for...

Ok, here is my goal. I want to install an exhaust that can deliver the sound exactly (or close) as the factory 350z or G35 coupes without sacrificing any performance.

I have a Bluebird engine in my NX and I need some exhaust work bad...

Any ideas or suggestions that I can get?

Thanks.
twin loop muffler all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

·
Ruby Red SE-R
1,578 Posts
Are you serious. Get a G35 or 350Z stock muffler then.

·
like a stray puppy
2,163 Posts
Anyone got a muffler that will make my bluebird SR sound like a STI. It's not just the muffler man it's the motor. Good luck trying to replicate a 3.5 V6 sound. I think I'd have better luck replicating an STI. I just have to make long tube very unequal headers. you have to add two more pistons.

·
Stealth -SR20-
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for not being so detail but the car comparison was to give an idea as to how close I will like the car to sound due to the law. I dont want my car to sound too loud or like a dirt bike.

I read about the twin loop but not sure which brand makes the best one.

scrildo and Octave236. Since you want to be keyboard warriors...What are your suggestions? Dont be smartasses and just help with real suggestions or tips. Not with some dumbass remarks that came out of your ass...

Let's keep this forum for informational and education purpose. Not everyone is as savy as you guys I guess :rolleyes:

·
like a stray puppy
2,163 Posts
In that case I would say twin loop and then buy tips or cut the tip off for certain exhaust note. PredroNX has a sound clip in the NX section and I think it sounds nice.

·
Stealth -SR20-
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In that case I would say twin loop and then buy tips or cut the tip off for certain exhaust note. PredroNX has a sound clip in the NX section and I think it sounds nice.
Thanks for the tip. I will check the vid out. Any brand or any twin loop will do?

·
Rebuilding
3,916 Posts
I dont understand you people, if you want the "STi" or "350Z" sound then BUY one.

jesus christ.

I want my car to sound like a turbo Geo metro with i-vtec cams and a rb20 block. But you dont see me complaining.

Your car is neither a STi or a 350Z so it will never sound exactly like one, pull 2 of your spark plug wires and you might get to sound almost like a STi

·
like a stray puppy
2,163 Posts
actually I just cut off my OBX 3" inlet with 4.5" tip before the axle and Im welding a side pipe on... :D gonna sound... I dunno.... LOUD!!!! :D

·
YOUR F0RUM SUX
3,558 Posts
I agree with Rob. If you want to your car to sound like another then just get that car. LOL..

Its like there are company's out there that sell exhaust call " Just Like STi's exhaust system's." Or JL-STI-ES for short.

·
like a stray puppy
2,163 Posts
Ugh... I was just being a smartASS about the STI exhaust. geesh guys... I like my SR20DET sound :D with the huge twin scroll T3 turbine I have on there it's ballzy ;)

·
Im all about the 4x4
1,692 Posts
why dont u go to the shop thats done both my catbacks on my se-r and my nx2000

there called discount muffler and there on old wintergarden rd in orlando near universal studios area

just go by there and tell them u know kyle who use to work at sunstate and theyll take care of u.

ur cars turbo so makeing it sound like another car will be allmost impossible. the turbo muffler i have on my se-r is quite and is stock looking but its 3 inch

·
Stealth -SR20-
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks bro. The car reference was so people can give suggestions on mufflers. I knew there was a thread were someone reference their sound as G35 but I couldnt find it.

For who ever said "get that car" I do own one. And if u hate people "comparing with other cars" I have a suggestion for you, JUST DONT ****ING REPLY.

Kyle, i'll let u know when I am ready to call ur boy Carlos for paint and about the muffler shop.

·
Rebuilding
3,916 Posts
Thanks bro. The car reference was so people can give suggestions on mufflers. I knew there was a thread were someone reference their sound as G35 but I couldnt find it.

For who ever said "get that car" I do own one. And if u hate people "comparing with other cars" I have a suggestion for you, JUST DONT fu*kING REPLY.

Kyle, i'll let u know when I am ready to call ur boy Carlos for paint and about the muffler shop.
If you do own one then why do you need another car to sound like the one you already have :confused:

Here is what ssac, test pipe, s4 cams, and greddy sp sounds like

·
Stealth -SR20-
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I guess the word selection and the way I described it was not the best. But the sound of my Z is low and cops dont look at me as much as when I drive the egg. So i wanted to make the egg sound low like that so I dont give them another excuse to pull me over.

Is that set up urs?

·
the ONLY nx in PALATINE!!
869 Posts
I guess the word selection and the way I described it was not the best. But the sound of my Z is low and cops dont look at me as much as when I drive the egg. So i wanted to make the egg sound low like that so I dont give them another excuse to pull me over.

Is that set up urs?
thats why i got the twin loop muffler.............that second vid sound sort of loud to me??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts