SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably the 100th time something like this has been posted. But please post pics of your mufflers! Im replacing the muffler off my Greddy SP exhaust. The baffling in the muffler is gone so its still deep but the exhaust is just too loud now. Plus it drones at highway speeds. I had the whole catback system so ideally im looking for a muffler that will sound stock. Not look like the average ricer. ( Donlt want any big tips or cans ) Let me keep the performance i've gained from my Greddy ( I know you don't gain much from a muffler but I need all the power I can get. ) Last and not least i want it to be CHEAP!....lol..I know thats asking a lot but any pics and feedback on your mufflers would be appreciated. Thanks again guys!

·
Don't call it a comeback
1,146 Posts
exhaust/your car

I can't really help you with the exhaust..'cause i have a magnaflow with a slash cut 4" tip, but i just wanted to drop you a note saying your car is sweet, man!

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Email addy

heres the email [email protected] and thanks for the compliment. ( previous post ) Yeah the car is still going under a couple cosmetic changes ( CF hood, Stock spoiler is back on, and rear lip is going on the back bumper to even out the car. ) I'll post pics once the new shiet is on. Oh yeah..and new muffler..once I figure out what im going to get. Performance wise...all...im gonna say is....no more bottle in the trunk..its gonna be a little snail under the hood.

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
jacen99SE said:
send me your email address and I'll send you a picture.

I would just do a universal Dynomax Ultra-Flo or Magnaflow straight through perforated core muffler. Get the longest you can fit and add your own small tip.
Jasons looks sweet I might add. I plan to basically duplicate what he has.

·
SE-R Bastard
938 Posts
I have a Dynomax Ultraflow. 2 1/4 inch. Sounds good. I have a 3 inch Magnaflow on my Talon and it's really loud.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
On my car i have a bosal performance muffler # 247210that has a perforated core, its straight trhough, stainless steel, sweet 3.5" tip, and it only cost me like 70 bucks with shipping cuz i got it at a clearance sale at https://www.olyonline.com/Xmas.htm
hope this helps!! It has a nice deep growl to it, and it smooths out as the rpms climb, just make sure you get a resonator to put on before the muffler.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts