SR20 Forum banner

My 200 needs new sneakers looking for suggestions

666 views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  ser20de 
#1 ·
I have the Dunlop Sport W10's on my stock wheels now and I'm impressed with them. I'd like to get a tire with minimal sidewall flex and obvisously good grip. Also what are some benefits to using 205's instead and just how far does the sidewall stick out?

------------------
96 w/ HS CAI, timing @ 17, 92 I/E cams, Naxos muffler, Eibach Sportlines, Front struts: Motivational, Rear shocks: KYB AGX's, S/T sway bars, ES lower control arm bushings and motor mounts, Courtesy F/R STB, APC Clear corners, Stillen grille, and Focus short throw.

#3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by borguesian:
Bob, I went from W10s to Kuhmo Estca Supra 712s. I got 205/50/15 and they are outstanding! Wet or dry the perform. Once I get my 17s I will be buying them again.

</font>
Kumho's are great. Another choice is the Falken Azenis. This tires has the best grip I've seen in a street tire. Still with a 200 treadwear and less than $70 bucks each.

#6 ·
I went from W10s to Kuhmo Estca Supra 712s. I got 205/50/15 and they are outstanding!

</font>
I just got those same Kuhmos, they are great, and only $60 from tire rack.

------------------
95 200SX SE-R Automatic, B15 engine, PR CAI, Topspeed muffler.

#7 ·
I like the Kumho 712s alot too. When my fronts went out b/c I didnt get an alignment after suspension... I was in a pinch and needed tires fast.. The only thing I could get that day were Nitto NT450s, and let me tell ya they suck! They squeel really bad and dont have that great of a turn-in.. Im definently goin back to the Kumhos on my next set.

And the RE730s are a nice tire (last a long time), but they flex wayyy too bad. After my brother put them on his 99 Prelude, the car felt like a buick.. all mushy and floaty

------------------
'95 200SX SE-R - Jim Wolf Clutch, K&N, CN Catback Exhaust, CN strut bars, KYB AGX, Eibach ProKit, audio
'99 Prelude base - CAI, Greddy SP
'02 TL Type S - Stock

#9 ·
I got some kuhmo powermax II's...they grip pretty good, i guess cuz they're kuhmo...i wanted 712's...but these have really thick tread and they haven't even begun to wear yet. i'm surprised..

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

#10 ·
Bridgestone RE-730's all the way... 205/50/15s. The Kumho's are nice, but as been said already, the RE's are rated a slightly better.

As to your other question about how far they stick out.... they stick out a little. To me, it gives the wheels/tires a beefer look. It doesn't look silly or strange if that's what your concerned about.

------------------
- Yosho
'96 200SX SE-R
'00 Civic Si EBP

#12 ·
Bridgestone Pole Position 03s 195/50/15 Max Performance Tire available at Tirerack.com for $87 per tire. That is a ripping good deal!

#13 ·
What Andrew said. If I were in the market for new tires, I'd be all over that deal like white on rice. Those are very expensive tires at a fire sale price.

Otherwise, I'd look at Yoko AVSi in the same size for ~$50 each.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

#15 ·
RE-730'S in a 205/50/15 are a good choice for all around performance. i was hitting fairly consistant 2.1x 60' times at the strip last night on them. i got almost 40k miles out of my last set and wouldn't hesitate to purchase them again.

Ric

#17 ·
Bob, I went from W10s to Kuhmo Estca Supra 712s. I got 205/50/15 and they are outstanding! Wet or dry the perform. Once I get my 17s I will be buying them again.

</font>
i just got kuhmos ecsta supras and i love em!! they take turns with very little slip, compared to my others wich were supposed to be road huggers..?i love them soo far, the side wall doesnt stick out really at all and they look sleek.. i have 205/45/16's mine were about 86$ a piece.. of course paying more for 16's and the 45 series, but i feel so far they r worth evry pennie

------------------
fu@k vtec

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.