SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesturday i got rear ended by a truck going about 50 mph and totally crushed my 200sx. its going to for sure be totalled and i wanted to see what you guys think i should do as far as salvaging some stuff myself or just leaving it be for the insurance company to give me money. it has/had the following modifications(if you want to call them that):

Full exhaust, cool air intake, coilovers, pacesetter headers, brand new Edge Rims (a month old and survived the wreck w/o any scratches), se-r indiglo gauges, numerous other "bling" mods that just add a stylish touch.

The major damage was only to the back of the car which is totally crushed but the front end seemed to survive the wreck really well.... any body need anything :D ??? What should i do?

·
95NismoB14grl
1,492 Posts
how much and what brand is the CAI???

·
Whut?That Ain't No Hondah
2,558 Posts
have the insurance adjuster come out and check out your car. Haggle with him. And once you've reached a price, take off all the goodies before they come w/ the tow truck. Thats what I did with my 240. Throw some stocker wheels back on, take out the stereo and all under the hood goodies.

·
-John-
690 Posts
Hey buy some cheap steelies from the junkyard and I'll pay the difference if you have good condition stock wheels....I want some B14 wheels so bad. PM me if you are up to it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont have the original rims i had to buy some new ones from les schwab a little while ago. thier in perfect condition tho and i will probably keep them and sell them myself. its not a 98 grill, just a mesh wiring (looks good).
the "bling" is some interior work done includes: highlight painting, the mentioned se-r glo gauges, cut-off shifter with new boot as well as a crome knob, nissan seat belt pads, clear corner lights that are smoked, mesh grill, and i think thats it, car looks(looked) pretty good and id post pics if i had a freakin scanner.
I am not sure on the brand of the CAI because i just got the car a few monthes ago but im pretty sure its like airflow or superflow or some brand like that. the full exhaust system was Pilot.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Did you see the truck bearing down on your in your rear view mirror? I've always had a fear of seeing a car coming at me in my rear view while stopped in a line of traffic, and knowing there was nothing I could do but brace myself. :eek:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well you see i shoulda said mesh wiring not so much a grill, u can buy the wiring pretty inexpensivly offa ebay and stuff, ill post pics as soon as i can get a scanner

·
Registered
999 Posts
Crim said:
have the insurance adjuster come out and check out your car. Haggle with him. And once you've reached a price, take off all the goodies before they come w/ the tow truck. Thats what I did with my 240. Throw some stocker wheels back on, take out the stereo and all under the hood goodies.
this is what i would do also...BTW sorry to hear about your 200...

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
Sorry to hear, I think this is a bad time of year for our cars, I hate hearing stories about accidents.

BTW - RICO55, when are you gonna put that stuff in? Youve had that stuff forever, HAHA. JP

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
storm..... no i didnt see the truck going to hit me in the rear view mear and thank god i didnt because i woulda braced myself and been hurt way worse, instead i had the limp "noodle" effect.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Storm88000 said:
Damn, well are you going to sue for damages?
lol, say you got a back injury....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
im not sure what kinda coilovers they are, like i said, i didnt have much time to work with the vehicle before the accident, ill try to find out but im not even sure ill get ne thing from the vehicle if the insurance company pays me money. hopefully i will or maybe ill buy it back from them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts