SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I really need to do something to make my car handle better. Tires are taken care of, but it sways like a mother! Please list what I need and the best brands to get. Thanks!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Springs, struts, tower bar front/rear and swaybar bushings to start, search for brands, there's a wide selection, depends on how much you're willing to spend.

·
allmotorKA24DE
607 Posts
the springs and struts are probably just really old.....mine were replaced before i bought it, and mine handles really well in stock form.....but if youre going to replace stuff, get the good stuff--go ahead and get the Ground Control coilovers or Eibach springs. thats what i wanna do soon.

·
1.6L So What?
279 Posts
yeah just go ahead and do your entire suspension.Progress makes real good adjustable sway bars.Active tuning makes a rear strut bar,you can find a cheap front strut bar on Ebay for a b13 sentra.If you decide to get new struts go with KYB AGX's from p-s-t.com they have them for cheap.

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
I thought mine handled well stock, but now with agx/h&r, ST rear sway bar, and strut tower brace it handles great! Can't wait to stiffen the hell out of it with a cage...

·
Nut Hugger Bandwagon
2,558 Posts
Hey TeamPCi this is a off topic but how did you mount the plate on the front of your car . Did you drill holes in the bumper? Sorry to steal your Thread NismoNx.

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
RUTH'LESS NX2K said:
Hey TeamPCi this is a off topic but how did you mount the plate on the front of your car . Did you drill holes in the bumper? Sorry to steal your Thread NismoNx.
This is kind of hard to explain.....ok my lip snapped in half in a gripping accident, I duct taped it back together. And bought the plate to cover it up with. With I did to mount it is, I drilled 4 holes in the bumper, right by where the lip is. Two holes on either side. One side has 2 zip-ties on it, the other has a padlock and a ziptie. The holes are drilled in the bottom of the bumper....Not sure if you understand exactly what I said....lol WAIT a minute...I just remember I drilled through the lip, right by where it meets the bumper. One hole on either side and ran the zipties/padlock through the hole in the lip and through the hold in the plate...sorry for the confusion.....

-Josh

·
SouthPaw
2,022 Posts
Get a RSTB from activetuning, Ithink they got a group buy in the GB section too. It works quite well, also get FSTB, cheap off of ebay. KYB AGX's and PM Chris Scarpulla to see if he still is selling any Hyperco Gen2's( I love mine) if not I heard Eibach goes well with AGX's. There is a GB for a Whiteline control arm brace, I heard rumors thata b14 control arm brace will also fit the B13. Then there are also swaybars, Nissan Motorsports has some nice ones. Thats what I would do if I were you!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Se-R 420 said:
i cant find any strut bars for the NX on ebay, would one for a classic fit?
Yeah get the FSTB for the classic sentra. There are a couple diffrent one's on ebay, get the one that's oval shaped. It's a nice polished aluminum bar, great deal for $10.

·
Red Se-R
1,788 Posts
luxor said:
Yeah get the FSTB for the classic sentra. There are a couple diffrent one's on ebay, get the one that's oval shaped. It's a nice polished aluminum bar, great deal for $10.
link? or what search terms should i use to make it come up? thanx.

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
wow i don't know if mine has ever had the suspension redone, but I have a rear bent strut, but a rear stb. I think it handles pretty decent. I have had two classics to compare it to too.

·
4 seat go-kart
64 Posts
Depends on how much $$ and time you have to spend. If you have more time than $$, definitely go the full ES bushing route. If it's the other way around, go the hyperco/AGX route. I have stock suspension on a 92 SE-R with full ES kit, and my 93 NX has the hyperco/AGX with stock bushings. Surprisingly, the net effect is very similar. Biggest drawback with the ES kit is the time required for install, and slight squeaking when temps get below 40F or so. I'd suggest getting in touch with someone who has done the ES install firsthand - it can reduce the time required by probably about half. PM me if you want some tips. Good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts