SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, gang;

Today, my '93 Classic was the #1 qualifier in a local import drag race at an 1/8 mile track.
My ups and downs with changing over to a direct-port nitrous setup all finally came together. On my second run, I ripped off a 8.99 second run, my first ever in the 8-second range.
An 8.99 second run equates (roughly) to a high 13-second 1/4 mile run.

I backed it up later with an 8.95 @76mph. In the Quick 8, my '93 classic was the #1 qualifier. Although I did eventually get beat (another story altogether), at least for one day, at a small dragstrip in WV, a '93 SE-R was King for a Day.

It should be noted that three other cars suffered snapped axles while running slower e.t.'s than my 8.95. My '93 just kept on humming, then drove home 50 miles when the day was done. Bulletproof.

It should also be noted that my '93 crossed the 149,000 mile mark while driving to the race today. I outran a turbo Civic, a nitroused Integra, a new Subaru WRX (which was quick @ 8.99 seconds).

But none of them were quicker than the mightly little SE-R, if only for one day.

One more personal record: I recorded my first sub-2 second 60 ft. times, ripping off a 1.98 and 1.99-second time on two consecutive runs. This was on 205/55/14 Nitto drag radials, at 14 psi.

Excuse my gloating, but I've been pursuing the 8-second/13-second zone for over a year now.

Today in WV, the SE-R was king, if only for a little while.

------------------
Greg P., '93 SE-R w/
148,000 miles, JWT
pop, header, ProActive
clutch, ST bar, NOS
50--shot (direct port
installed, yet to run), Autopower 4-point roll bar/harnesses.
[email protected] 1/4
mile, [email protected] 1/8
mile, 2.05 60-ft.
My SE-R page, with videos

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Limited Slip:

Y-E-P, with only *those* mods! The engine is bone stock on the inside, no cams, headwork, nothing.
My direct-port nitrous setup is set at 75hp. Clutch and new axles (rebuilds, last year) are it.
The car just hooked today. It is a soldier. I will never sell it. Not now.
I'll be making 1/4 mile runs in the next two weeks. 13s, here we come. All this, with 149,000 miles on the clock.
Oh by the way...check out my sig NOW

------------------
Greg P., '93 SE-R w/149,000 miles, JWT pop, header, ProActive clutch, ST bar, NOS direct-port 75hp, Autopower 4-point roll bar/[email protected] 1/4
mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

[This message has been edited by SERprise In WV (edited 06-23-2001).]

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
SERprise Congrats!!!! Point of advice from me to you , if that SE-R is your daily driver stay on the drag radials and DO NOT go to slicks, You don't want to hook up that good. I broke more stuff in 4 months on slicks than 2 years on drag radials. Anyways keep it up.

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Skyliner;

Thanks for the kind words. No, my '93 isn't my daily driver. I retired it in 1998 (I bought it new and rang up 146,000 miles in 5 years) to go autocrossing and drag racing. The drag radials work just fine, considering their small width (205/55/14). I may go to wider ones, but try to keep the diameter close to what the 14s are now (22.5 inches).
Slicks would be nice, but I like driving to the dragstrip on the Nittos, lowering the pressure, then running. Much easier.
Okay...forgive me while I try my new sig for the second time in this thread. I added a small photo to it. Sorry to deviate from the norm

BTW...Skyliner, what part of SC are you in? I'll be in SC in a few weeks...just asking.

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, JWT pop, header, ProActive
clutch, ST bar, NOS direct-port 75hp, Autopower 4-point roll bar/harnesses.
[email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts