SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he he he he!!
What's samatter no one post on this forum any more?

http://people.ne.mediaone.net/mgoss/DET.html

Mike G.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Oh yeah? Well my 98 Sentra is going to have it's same motor with a turbo on it! Higher compression means more power than your stock DET! Na na na na boo boo! :) heh

(that's assuming I don't screw it all up of course... hopefully Mike Jez's turbo parts aren't cursed or something, heh :) j/k Mike J)

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have fun trying to run 10 psi on you stock injectors! 8)hehe

Mike
98 SEntra with 370cc injectors.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Mike Jez has 370cc injectors he's giving me with the whole shebang.

So :p heh :)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
well........um, at least I can put the power away when I don't want it. (actually, I wish I always had it, but trying to make myself feel better at the same time) :)

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! What kind of coolant and oil lines are you going to run custom? or the ones off the BB turbo?

Brian you run that beast at the strip yet?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
no, too damn hot now, and my car is too bitchy to do anything with it now anyways. some days it runs like a champ, some days it runs like a 82 civic w/ only one functioning spark plug wire and only 50 psi on the one cylinder it is hitting on :)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
the only thing he has done custom is the 3" downpipe mandrel bent (I think) from the turbo to the cat. I will be getting the stock oil and cooling lines.

Why do you ask? Do the stock BB ones suck or something?

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No they dont suck. But I don't think you'll be able to use them. The oil feed line is taped into the block rite behind the exhaust manifold. It might not be possibly to tap in the same position(are the oil gallys the same from DE to DET?). The coolant feed line is taped rite behind the thermostat housing(this may be possible to do) but the coolant return is taped into the block near the oil feed line(DE-DET coolant galleys?). I don't think you want to be drilling and taping your block!

Mike

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Looking at Lew Shadoff's install page
http://brazosport.cc.tx.us/~lshadoff/turbo/
he has explicit instructions how to drill and tap the block for the oil return line, as well as how to install the coolant lines. Are thaey the same location (or compatible locations) as the stock BB?

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The locationg on the turbo are the same but the tubes that come off the turbo are diffrent except for the oil return line.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
So you think I can install the lines on my DE ok? Will it be a big hairy issue?

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wouldn't use them. Unless you can have the block taped in a fashion that will not let any shavings get in the passages. when you look at mikes DET you will know what I mean. It has special areas for the lines to go to. Where on a DE those spots are solid metal.

If I were you I would set it up like doctor Lew did.

Mike with only 5psi o' boost 8( I thing my BOV is shitting the bed.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
When I go up to Chicago to rip off the turbo stuff I will pay close attention to where stuff hooks in and compare it with Lew's printed out webpages and see what's up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts