SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mike Jez expects his car to be back next Tuesday. So next weekend he should have the motors swapped and we will be able to get the turbo parts off in 30 minutes says Mike. I am in no hurry and plan on bringing boxes and baggies with labels to put all the parts in and label them so I remember what they all are. None of "Hmm... is this the downpipe or an injector?" kinda stuff going on :)

To save myself some gaskets I can hopefully just leave the exhaust manifold/T25/downpipe all together. I am getting the interheater and piping though I don't plan on using it in stock form. I *may* use it as a front mount, but the list said that's not a good idea. Why, I dunno, will have to re-read the messages.

Anyways after that my next thing I need is a JWT ECU, ACT street/strip clutch, front mount IC from a Starion/Conquest for about $150 (can find tons used on dsm.org), and some motor mount solution, either ES inserts or full JWT ones. Wish I knew someone with the JWT ones. I know Mike Jez had the front and rear ES inserts and I didn't notice any extra vibes. His car even sounded quiet compared to my open airboxed DE. :)

brian you have an ACT street/strip clutch, right? Where can I find a good price on one and how much does one typically put you back?

If anyone hears of a 95-97 ECU for sale, already JWT modified or not, let me know ASAP please.

I know I'll have turbo piping issues but I can't predict those until I get the the hardware and IC. Also the 3" exhaust doesn't HAVE to be ready at first, but I will want it VERY soon thereafter.

We'll have to compare dyno numbers and timeslips, Mike. :) See if your Bluebird swap with 8.3:1 comp can meet or beat my higher 9.5:1 comp engine. We will see... :)

·
_______
3,640 Posts
I'm up for the challenge! I just ordered myself an electronic boost controler. 10 psi here I come 8)

Mike

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, I got mine through this place in washington called redline proformance, they have a link through se-r.net

1 - 3 of 3 Posts