SR20 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
looks good man. I would be worried about the euro plate blocking airflow though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good point and it hadn't occured to me. Is it true that the temp gage on the B13 is a 3 stage gage and it reads inaccurate?

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Yup the factory gauge has basically 3 positions: cold, normal, and oh ****. I recently installed a vdo water temp gauge and its amazing how useless the factory gauge is when it comes to actual temps. The vdo will be anywhere bewtween 130-190 and the factory gauge never changes position. It will be interesting to see how it reacts once the temps get wamer here in Pittsburgh.

mekanik4life said:
That's a good point and it hadn't occured to me. Is it true that the temp gage on the B13 is a 3 stage gage and it reads inaccurate?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where did you mount the gage and do you have a picture of it? Did you install your own temp sensor?

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd like to do the same thing with my gages...at the same time originality is important....wanna see what else I can come up with.

·
NEOphile
307 Posts
Three words for you, dude: intake, header, exhaust. It might be hard convincing the wife, but she'll like to go fast in it when it's done almost as much as you. It's funny, though, that we're both in the Army and both have practically the same car (to the casual observer).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am absolutely getting intake, exhaust and headers, already got a set of hotshot headers lined up...as you know we aint the richest guys in the world.

·
My Ass, your face
2,431 Posts
'91 Classics are the best... especially in white. Nice find, especially for the price.

Peace Out,
Mark

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
wahts that thing in front of your shifter??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I won't lie, I hacked off 3 1/2 inches off the stock shifter, I know it's ghetto but I like how it feels. While I'm in Korea I am stocking up on new parts, and a real short shifter is on the list.

·
NEOphile
307 Posts
mekanik4life said:
I won't lie, I hacked off 3 1/2 inches off the stock shifter, I know it's ghetto but I like how it feels. While I'm in Korea I am stocking up on new parts, and a real short shifter is on the list.
Hell yeah, ghetto shifters rule! I hacked a couple inches off mine, and it does feel better. The throw isn't as short as a real short-shifter though, but it's just temporary until I get my b&m shifter, but it does fine for now. You know how your shifter bobs up and down when you go on/off throttle? Get yourself some motor mounts (front and rear, not side) and that'll come as close as you can to killing the bob. They're somewhat of a pain to install (the reasonably-priced insterts, anyway), but they're worth it. They also cut down on wheel hop and improve your launches. You can get non-inserts, which are much easier to install, but they're much more expensive.

·
NEOphile
307 Posts
You should have gotten a Pacesetter header if you're concerned about price. I haven't heard anyone who has one say anything bad about them. Pacesetter exhausts, though, tend to rust quick. The best cheap(er) intake is the Hotshot CAI. As for cat-backs, check out Powertech Imports' tubing kits and cat-backs. You can get a tubing kit for $150, have some dude weld it together for $80, plus a decent muffler for $80, and you've got yourself a good deal. There's that Megan Racing cat-back on ebay that's real cheap, but I hear it's also really loud.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That sounds like a good plan for the headers and I can't stand the way my shifter bobs up and down but I plan to replace all motor mounts and bushings as well as the tie rods and ball joints.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts