SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so here's the deal. I'm REALLY tired of all these honda kids around here swearing on how fast there cars are. So I have decided to go ALL SPEED. Yep I'm puttin the ol 200 on a serious diet. Selling my 18's buying 16's or 15's. Nice soft compound tire. Selling my stereo (kicker solobaric L7 15, Punch BD1000, optima battery, 6" TV) And do some more tuning to my car. I WILL be running 13's this year. Hopefully on street tires. So I'm figuring the car will drop ATLEAST 175-200lbs. Any comments?

------------------
96 se-r with a few goodies

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Matt's got NOS right now. I don't think he has any plans of being all motor.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
For weight reduction, if its just you in the car, take out all the seats, and all the crap in the trunk. If you're REALLY serious, take out all the door panels, stereo, speakers, AC etc.....

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/15 Pirelli P700Z's on SE-R wheels, 205/40/17 Kuhmos on 17" Borbet Type S's for the summer

15.1 @ 90mph at Englishtown, NJ - 14's oh so close

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Matt, are you running the JWT system? I know their 100 shot can make anyone in the 13's on street tires if I remember right.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No actually I don't have the JWT setup. I figured with the money I spend on that I can get part of my turbo kit together. Currently though I have: Place Racing CAI, Hotshot Headers, JWT s3 cams, dunk exhaust, and a 60 shot. I've done all the free stuff like reground the MAF, Timing, TPS. I also have upgraded wires and plat plugs. The car is quick as is. I just want it faster.

------------------
96 se-r with a few goodies

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Get that exhaust Matt.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
I am the master of street driven SE-R weight reduction. I have reduced mine to a mere 2362 lbs. Here is a list of weight saved:

Replaced stock rims with Volks -31.2 lbs
Replaced stock pulleys with UR -3.663 lbs
Replaced stock brakes with NX brakes +11.5 lb
Removed AC -31.8lbs
Floor mats -8.4 lbs
Jack -5.0 lbs
Rear molding and carpeting -7.4 lbs
Rear seat belts -7.2 lbs (full mechanism)
Rear seat -32.2 lbs
Under carpet tar -approximately 15 lbs
Brake dust shields -3.0 lbs
Front under hood braces -5.0 lbs
Exhaust and header shileds -3.0 lbs
Spare Tire -40 lbs

That will give you a grand total of 181.36 lbs saved. Not bad

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

[This message has been edited by nj1266 (edited 04-05-2001).]

·
Registered
883 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nj1266:
I am the master of street driven SE-R weight reduction. I have reduced mine to a mere 2362 lbs. Here is a list of weight saved:

Replaced stock pulleys with UR -3.663 lbs
Replaced stock brakes with NX brakes +11.5 lb
Removed AC -31.8lbs
Floor mats -8.4 lbs
Jack -5.0 lbs
Rear molding and carpeting -7.4 lbs
Rear seat belts -7.2 lbs (full mechanism)
Rear seat -32.2 lbs
Brake dust shields -3.0 lbs
Front under hood braces -5.0 lbs
Exhaust and header shileds -3.0 lbs
Spare Tire -40 lbs

That will give you a grand total of 181.36 lbs saved. Not bad

</font>

Wow, however, do you ever plan on selling your car? That would be hard to sell with all that removed.

------------------

Kris94G20™

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
I do not plan on ever selling this car. It will be with me until it falls apart

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Naji, thanks for the info. BTW, how much does the front passenger seat weigh?

Oh and you do know that the B13 brakes ADDED weight, right?

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/15 Pirelli P700Z's on SE-R wheels, 205/40/17 Kuhmos on 17" Borbet Type S's for the summer

15.1 @ 90mph at Englishtown, NJ - 14's oh so close

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
That's why he put plus 11.5lbs for the NX brake upgrade.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nj1266:
Removed AC -31.8lbs
Floor mats -8.4 lbs
Rear seat -32.2 lbs
</font>
Naji, don't you worry about getting a flat tire and not having your spare and jack? I like the idea of the Volks. You have 15's? So according to Mike K. saving 31lbs on the wheels is like saving ALOT more weight elsewhere in the car.

Suprised the AC weighs 31lbs. Almost as heavy as the rear seats.

When you say "undercarpet tar" are you referring to tar everywhere under the carpet, as in, under all the carpeting?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
Naji, don't you worry about getting a flat tire and not having your spare and jack? /B]</font>

It's his race car, now. He doesn't drive it much on the street anymore (he has a P10 G20 for that.) Besides... If he gets a flat tire on the way to the track, he could always slap on one of his race tires and continue to drive. =) Either that or trailer the car to the track everytime.

Andrew Phan
1998 200SX SE-R w/stuff
1993 NX2000 w/o stuff

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
hearing all of this tempts me
actually I did the same thing as you did matt, sold all of my stereo stuff and put the bottle on it, now bottle is gone b/c I got tired of it, and no stereo, oh well, life goes on, and low weight helps.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
[B
When you say "undercarpet tar" are you referring to tar everywhere under the carpet, as in, under all the carpeting? [/B]</font>
Duh, you just answered your own question. The "tar" he is reffering too, is a sound deadening material on the entire floorboard, underneath the carpet, its probably a good 3/8th's of an inch thick, right Naji?!

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

1 - 17 of 17 Posts