SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
WWJD
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a DE with 300zx Pistons,DET rods,and more just wanted to show you where he is at.Stay Tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HIS CAR:

HIS MOTOR:

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Wow, those are the low compression 300z pistons I assume with that big beast bolted on it, lol! Looking good guys.

Brent

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
damn that car is evil looking. and it will drive like the devil!.. huge turbo man

·
Registered
593 Posts
love at first site

·
Guanaco Tuner
3,049 Posts
I was thinking about painting an engine block red. Those pics convinced me to try it.

Luis

·
Registered
157 Posts
One really sweet setup. Where was the block bored? Did that shop install the pistons as well? Is it possible to install pistons in one's own garage, or does the climate need to be controlled strictly? It is something I have always wanted to do myself, so I am curious to hear how easily it went together for him.

·
The Boost Bear..Rawr!
3,055 Posts
Sounds like a great setup. Everyone is going T3/T4 nowadays. I might have to change my setup. :D Definately kidding. Looks like it's a monster!

Corey

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
did he go with the forged pistons? or just the stocker Z32TT pistons? the stock Z32 TT pistons are still cast, so its not going to support any more horsepower.

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
HotshtSR20 said:
did he go with the forged pistons? or just the stocker Z32TT pistons? the stock Z32 TT pistons are still cast, so its not going to support any more horsepower.

Steve they are OEM 300ZX TT pistons.

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
HotshtSR20 said:
so why switch then? those are cast too, so they wont hold any more power.

The motor is not a DET. Its a DE block. So they chose the 300zxTT pistons to lower the compression and for a bit more displacement. The motor should make some serious power.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
hot hot hot

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
Dont go out and just buy 300zx TT pistons and put them on your DE or DET rods. You will need to balance and machine the top end of the rods for the 300zx TT piston to fit with the right clearance. The DET rod needs to be machined like 1mm on each side of the top end of the rod for the correct clearances. I know becasue I did the rods for this motor.

The best way to have this done is to get the right clearance using the DE piston on DE rod. Then get the DET rod and have the rod machined down untill it fits into the 300zxTT piston the same way.

300zx TT piston in DET motor is about 9.0 to 1 compression.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Andreas Miko said:
Dont go out and just buy 300zx TT pistons and put them on your DE or DET rods. You will need to balance and machine the top end of the rods for the 300zx TT piston to fit with the right clearance. The DET rod needs to be machined like 1mm on each side of the top end of the rod for the correct clearances. I know becasue I did the rods for this motor.

The best way to have this done is to get the right clearance using the DE piston on DE rod. Then get the DET rod and have the rod machined down untill it fits into the 300zxTT piston the same way.

300zx TT piston in DET motor is about 9.0 to 1 compression.
THE MAN has spoken

1 - 20 of 21 Posts