SR20 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on my old engine my car would spudder when i shifted. It always seems to like spudder around the 2500-3000 rpm range. Could this problem be my mass airflow sensor or maybe the o2 sensor??? So I was thinking that its probably something that i brought over from my old engine, such as the cold air intake and the o2 sensor. I've just had it with this nissan, if i cant figure out whats wrong with this thing, you'll see it in the "Cars for Sale" section.

·
aka Mr Ryte on G20.net
1,478 Posts
sr20sentra91 said:
I noticed on my old engine my car would spudder when i shifted. It always seems to like spudder around the 2500-3000 rpm range. Could this problem be my mass airflow sensor or maybe the o2 sensor??? So I was thinking that its probably something that i brought over from my old engine, such as the cold air intake and the o2 sensor. I've just had it with this nissan, if i cant figure out whats wrong with this thing, you'll see it in the "Cars for Sale" section.
Not 2 B anal, but first things first.....when was the last time you had a tuneup? I say start with the basic stuff then work your way up.

·
I lika da turns
710 Posts
There was a thread like this a little while ago. My car has the same problem as yours and it's really getting to me. I think the reply to that other thread was it had something to do with the Idle Air Regulator (if I remember right). The guys also said to check se-r.net because I guess it's on there. I know it's not EGR related either because mine's unplugged and I've also done everything tuneup wise. Somebody let us know what's going on!!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
same here, because i dont have an EGR so i know thats not it. it says something about that on se-r.net but i didnt have the EGR on my engine, im guessing because its JDM?

·
I love Katamari
1,187 Posts
yeah, this topic gets asked often and you see the same old answers all the time, but no replies whether it was fixed - I suggest earmarking $200 for all the things people will tell you to replace or get used to it like me.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i talked to a guy last night that had the same problems as us. he said when he put his new o2 sensor in it didnt spudder at all, and it gave him better gas milage. but he has the jdm header and he got the o2 sensor welded into the downpipe, and he hit a curb or something and broke that o2 sensor and had to put the old one back in, and now it spudders. I also have a gas smell sometimes when i shut the car off, he said the o2 sensor will also fix that. just wanted to let u know what i found out, hope it helps. so i guess i better go get a 02 sensor for $60 :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
The cheapest knock sensor I found on the internet was $132.00. It's located on the back of the engine underneath the intake runners. It's really hard to get to...........believe me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts