SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys had this problem. As soon as I hit about 80 going down the freeway, the entire front of the car starts to vibrate really badly. Any ideas on where to look for what might be causing it?

It's not the alignment, since I just got it aligned last week and it did not solve the problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would think your tires need rebalanced. Try to put you back wheels in the front and see if that fixes it. If you still get it I woul still go get all your tires balanced just to be sure. That is most likely the cause.

MarC SE-R

·
Registered
858 Posts
yeah, get the wheels high speed balanced at a good flat fix joint with the high speed wheel balancing machine and it should be on the money unless you have a bent rim.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Yea Im betting wheel out of balance. Other things that could be it are, flat spoted tire or maybe warped rotors. I had a warped rotor it shook my whole car at 80+ but not that bad at slower speeds. And after fixing that it sorta went away which I believe to also have an out of balance tire, then I flat spoted the tires while showing off the new brakes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like a good excuse to get some new tires
I know the alignment was way off when I got the car, so the tires did wear unevenly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts