SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
8300RPM sure is fun
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was heading east in the far left lane that i could be in and i was going past a taco bell, when a person in taco bell punches it and comes flying out. i saw him and it was too late, i braced for impact and moved a little to the left to see if (by some chance) i could avoid him. no such luck, he NAILED me sending me into a 180 and stopping me on the opposite side of the road facing the other way, enough of a hit to jerk my rear-view mirror out of place.
my car has damage from fender to fender (including door) on my passenger side, and the frame is probably messed up too. it's all on the lower part of my car, but repair costs will probably out-value the car and my dad said that we'll probably total it.

god this sucks. i loved this car....

------------------
no pretty logo anymore. tripod deleted my account.

G

·
Dame dude sorry to hear that. Everyone's car is getting hit lately. AM sorry about your car. If you decide you part out the car let me know.

Richie

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
did you go kick the guy's ass for being an idiot?

·
8300RPM sure is fun
1,234 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Aye man, a car is a car no matter how you wanna look at it. I have gone through 2 Sentras and each loss hurts. But, good thing is that you .:WILL:. come up on some cash from the other guy and then you can get back up on your feet. Good luck with you man!

------------------
Rice...yummy in my tummy

·
Registered
226 Posts
From my experience, just telling the insurance company you have a lawyer works wonders. They know its their fault, so the insurance co. pays you a bunch to not go to court. I got 3K instead of $250 when a 16 year old hit me while out running the cops in my 5 month old Tacoma 4X4. As pissed as I was, that 3K pretty much bought me me 91 SE-R. Everything works out.

Sorry bout the car. Glad you weren't hurt.

Samir

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
That blows. That blows doubly having done all that work to your car. How does the car drive? Does it track straight, or is it a total mess?

The other driver was at fault, and don't let anyone forget that. Start gathering receipts now.

If the insurance company totals the car, you might be able to buy it back from them for a reasonable price and part it out. A solid SR20 and tranny fetch a nice price, as well as other bits like the '91-'92 seats.

Hopefully, you'll be on the road in a new SE-R and I'll see you at KC.

G

·
WHAT A BUMMER!!!!!!! MAN I WOULD BE UPSET!!! Maybe the insurance will be enough to buy another one, and you can keep yours to swap parts off of (if they total it...) If not, you might get enough to fix it plus some (I hope.) Anyway, I hope it all works out, and like the others said, at least you are OK and didn't get hurt; I guess this shows how good an SE-R is in a wreck, huh.
Keep us updated, and I'll cross my fingers for ya'.
TOBY in MO.

·
8300RPM sure is fun
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
as far as it goes right now, here's an update:

i drove the car to school and work today, it runs, brakes, tracks, everything is fine. the passenger side door is frozen shut and all the weatherseals were pushed inside of the car, so it can't see rain.

as far as insurance goes, the person wants to buy the car cash so it doesn't go on insurance. i can say right now that ain't going to happen (i want at least 4 for this car, i'd get it and plenty if i went to sell it before the wreck). my friend's step-mom is an insurance claims adjuster so i'm going to get advice from her on what to do. but, it looks like this is going to take a while and take a lawyer.

there's a se-r for sale in chicago right now for 2800 that i found, it has a cracked windshield and other 10 year old problems, but nothing major. this isn't going to be settled any time soon, but i know they are out there.

as far as a sentra, i don't care what i get as long as it has a se-r badge and is in pretty good shape. i'd love to have a black, grey, or white one but color doesn't matter (this isn't like looking for a honda you know).

other than that, i met one of the previous owners of the car today. he owns a g20 now. he was just as bad when he looked at it as i was, i feel his pain.

other than that, the cop that did the report assured us that it's going to be the other drivers fault. but, since they had no witnesses the other driver didn't get a citation (actually, he said even if there was one he wouldn't get a citation, what bs).

other than that, expect me to be at the geekout, whether or not i'm driving a new sentra is up in the air, but i will be there.

------------------
no pretty logo anymore. tripod deleted my account.

·
Registered
883 Posts
As bad as this sounds, I wouldnt go for a quick settlement. I would get one of those accident lawyers. It sounds bad, but when my wife was in her accisent, we got 6k instead of the 1500 the insurance wanted to pay us. Sorry about the car, but how are you?

------------------

Kris94G20™

1 - 10 of 10 Posts