SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took almost 80 pics of different things and will be posting them sooner or later.

OK on the way there we had 11 cars in our caravan. We were in Maryland and one of our cars had mechanical problems so we ended up being stuck on the side of the road for like 1 1/2 hours. Once we got there the fake 2002 SE-R is there and we check it out. The next day we got up real early and went to the track. I was starting to get real excited cuz this was the first time I was ever on the track. The frist session I had Jeremy Kepler in the car as my instructor (one lap of america) Jeremy is a Great friend. SO I was doing good after the first session so Jeremy signed me off to run solo. On my second session I did very good and was keeping up with the two turbo cars and batteling an M3. I was having a great time. Then my third session came up and Ryan Foote was in the car with me . I was onb the 3rd or 4th lap when at the end of the back strait I went to shift to 4th gear and grabbed 2nd. **** **** **** I knew as soon as I did it the I messed up something. I pull in the the pits and go get Ray Kawski. We take off the valve cover and shure enough I broke the #4 rocker arm in half. Luckily we had no problems finding the shims. At this time I knew why I love this car so much. Its not the car at all its the community. I had Mike Kojima, Ray Kawski and otheres working on the car. George Roffe, Rob Cadle and othere were always around to ansure questions. Ben Rockwell offered to open his motor and give me one of his rocker arms cuz he was trailering his car home. THis is a man I have never talked to in my life and he was willing to open up the motor for me. Luckily Jack Laverty was there and had spares. I got one from Jack and was on my way. The we went home and got really drunck and puked on I95 I think? Kevin would know
(Thanks Kevin) Sun we went to the picnic and we all had a blast. OK I have gone on way to long and I will stop now.

------------------
MarC

hood made transparent for your viewing pleasure http://members.home.net/mnmanderson/Publish/
AIM SER96MarC

·
Registered
883 Posts
sounds fun. Guess what I did this lovely weekend? I worked,
But.. I am getting 2 1/2 pay for today
so its cool. Not as exciting as your weekend.

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"
The Beginning.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
495....over a barrier onto an on ramp either you or matt ran across to piss in the woods. Now i have mud on my back floor mats. and i quit counting how many times you and matt kept saying thanks or you rule to me

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Sounds like you guys had a good time. Did you hear what happened to Jon Felton? He was driving from Summit Point to VIR Saturday night to run with NASA on Sunday. Some Jackass rear ended him on the interstate. He's OK, but his beautiful black classic is a total loss

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Let me be the first to say the convention SUCKED. haha NOT. It was the most fun I've ever had in my life. Riding in the cars on the track was sooooooooo much fun, except when MarC popped that rocker. here is my convention experience. This is what i posted on our local cruise scene board.Rolled down Friday with just Mark's SE-R and me. Jay rode in Mark's car, a decision I'm sure he regrets as it turns out marks car is about 3 times as loud as mine. Anyway's traffic sucked a nut on the way down and it rained and ****. We got the the hotel and then things turned right around. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face the entire weekend. The hotel was sweet, except for the swans they were holding hostage in the lobby. We roll down into the lobby and Jay and Mark hook me up with some drinks and we are just hanging out. We go outside to check out the new Sentra SE-R, the same show car that was at the NYC auto show. The car is mint inside. Anyways just bullshitted and went to sleep. Saturday we went to the track. A 1.1 mile road course which was pretty cool. i didn't sign up for the event (stupid me) Anyways I rode along with Craig and Jack and a few other guys and had the time of my life. It was great seeing the CT guys rip ass on the track. There was a TT supra there and Jack was running the same lap times if not better. The JUN boys were representing all day long and everyone was impressed. That night just chilled in the lobby and bullshitted with Mike Kojima, Craig, Carl Monopoli (the owner of the NX2000 with the turbo SR20VE featured on the cover of SCC.) Sunday Kojima was hooking up the computer to Jacks car, Craigs car, and Mark's car. It was so cool to see him toy with different setting on it. Anyways I'm babbling now and I'm sure you guys don't give a **** anyways. Just wanted to let everyone know what a blast I had. Any questions??

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
Registered
466 Posts
It was good to meet everyone for the first time, and to see people I haven't seen in a year. Here are the pics I took. I meant to take more, but I left my camera in the room most of the time. The last few pics are what the inside of our trannys look like. I can already see my weekend will be all work

[edit]I does help to give the link to the pics

http://members.home.net/noslo200/Convention

Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R(slow)
1997 200SX SE-R(fast)
1991 Sentra SE-R(broke)

[This message has been edited by NoVTECSER (edited 05-29-2001).]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts