SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my 2 piece UR pulley set from Courtesy Nissan last Friday and recieved via FEDEX on Tuesday. The guy on the phone (Vince, I think) was polite and took my order effeciently. I paid $242 for both pullies, belts and crank seal. That price also included the 3 day FedEx shipping. They also included the instruction and 2 nifty UR stickers I'll probably never use.

I plan to install the pullies this weekend (good Lord I'm gonna burn up out here!) and will post back my results/troubles. Just thought I would contribute and share in case some of you other people are looking to buy the same mod.

Happy,happy

------------------
'97 200SX SE-R
JWT Intake and ECU
DynoMax Muffler # 17287
Some other way too expensive Momo crap.

[This message has been edited by Johnny GreenBack (edited 07-12-2001).]

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
It's easy as long as you have a pulley-puller. All you really do is jack up the car, remove the pass. side wheel, loosen the tension on the belts, remove the pulleys, replace, and put new belts on. THATS IT!

------------------
Stormy
'98 SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies....in need of a JWT ECU

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My wonderful experience after changing the pullies:

Pros: Just like what every article says, the car seems to feel better now. Acceleration feels more solid from a standstill. Now I can turn on the A/C without feeling like I'm pulling a trailer full of cows and cinder blocks.

Cons: Adjusting the belts is a real whore! It seems like if you ever have to adjust the bastards, you have to take the ****in' wheel off?!?!?!?! I had a bitch of a time finding all the adjusting points.

I just know I tighened those belts plenty, but they keep trying to slip or "squeek" periodically. That happen to anyone else?

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Hmm, thats weird. It's been almost 2 months since I put mine on at the LI geekout and they haven't squeeked at all.

------------------
Stormy
'98 SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies....in need of a JWT ECU

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If there is a way to **** it up, leave it to me.

------------------
'97 200SX SE-R
JWT Intake and ECU
DynoMax Muffler # 17287
UR 2 Pulley Set (in fast red!)
Some other way too expensive Momo crap.

[This message has been edited by Johnny GreenBack (edited 07-17-2001).]

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I just know I tighened those belts plenty, but they keep trying to slip or "squeek" periodically. </font>
They can slip or squeek if they are too tight or too loose. You should have 1/4" (I think) of deflection when pushing on the belts from underneath the car.
Did you remember to tighten the alternator bolt (the 17mm bolt/nut which is really awkward to get to)?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, awkward is a good word for it. Yes, sir I did get that hellish bolt. The thought has crossed my mind that maybe I over did it with the tightening of the belts. The only thing that throws me is that it only does it after the car has sat cold for several hours. Like right after I start it for a few seconds and when I try to cut the A/C on within the first few minutes of motor operation.

What's up with that
?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jacen99SE

I just know I tighened those belts plenty, but they keep trying to slip or "squeek" periodically. </font>
They can slip or squeek if they are too tight or too loose. You should have 1/4" (I think) of deflection when pushing on the belts from underneath the car.
Did you remember to tighten the alternator bolt (the 17mm bolt/nut which is really awkward to get to)?

[This message has been edited by Johnny GreenBack (edited 07-17-2001).]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts