SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Like it or Don't Like it
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...its been a few months already but never got around to uploading the pics....I still need to get new pics of it painted and with the welds polished...but here is a preview.

I bought the Mandrel Bends and took it to the local Muffler shop to get it custom fited and welded.

Its Mig Welded...not so pretty but its all nice after a Polish ;) (still need to get pics of it with polished welds and painted)

Specs:

1 3/4 Primaries

1 7/8 Second step

then 2.5" on the collector stepped fast to the 3" downpipe

This is a custom HOME MADE header nothing special or fancy but it works...and for a good low cost.

:biggthump

Few more pics on e2sr20.com

·
slave to the grind
2,707 Posts
nice where did you buy your manderal bends? and what did this cost to make?

·
the proof wizard
3,573 Posts
looks pretty cool, its cool to see more people making there own custom 4-1 headers. how long are the primaries?

do you have any dyno comparison of this vs what you were using before...

·
Like it or Don't Like it
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea maybe...but the "collector" as you can see was hand made piece by piece and welded together...

Still the header feels good...and it shouldn't be a problem the engine doesn't have small cams...

·
vz-r driver
367 Posts
where the 4 pipes meet in the collector is there a pyramid there for the flow of the exhaust ????? cant see clearly. nice build still.....hope to see the finish soon

·
the proof wizard
3,573 Posts
im also curious how low this thing gets, can we get a pic of under the car, to see how much further this is then the typical downpipe...

·
WASHED UP
2,440 Posts
Had the flange @ home for a few years....bought it off ebay, was going to use it for a custom manifold for the S13 but since it was never used I got it for my car.
looking good bro ,Talk to me :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts