SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here it is. As some of you know, i am looking at swapping a JDM motor into my car. My current motor has 130k on it, and is a little tired. I need a new clutch, and my exhaust is leaking. I have the clutch, suspension, and exhaust taken care of. What I am stuck on is this. Should I really do the swap? Or should I just spend the money and fix up my current motor? I have done motor swaps before, in a civic, but never in a Nissan. I considor myself fairly knowledgable on how to do it, and I have all the tools neccasary. Do you all think I can getr more out of reviving a tired motor, or just get this motor. It is a low mileage motor, and looks clean. Marc is kind enough to check it out for me, so, it should be a good setup. Does anyone know what all is involved in doing the JDM conversion?
Thanks

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"
The Beginning.

G

·
0 Posts
I'd do the swap. You are going to end up with an engine with probably only a third of the miles of your original. One thing I would do is replace the bearings on your JDM motor. Seems like they always go out on JDM motors. You wouldn't want to have to do it after the install.

Humberto Gonzalez
'92 SE-R

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
Drop the old motor swap the new, Thats it.

------------------

Mike.
Turbo Classic, T3/T04e Tial 35mm ".65Bar" Blitz BOV, Custom piping griffen intercooler Core with HK$ EndTanks,custom manifold, 370cc injectors, paxton fpr, Eibach Sportlines, everything else was stolen,:( Pectel coming up bigger Injectors and custom fuel rail. DAMN VILLIANS.

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BertG:
I'd do the swap. You are going to end up with an engine with probably only a third of the miles of your original. One thing I would do is replace the bearings on your JDM motor. Seems like they always go out on JDM motors. You wouldn't want to have to do it after the install.

'92 SE-R
</font>
thats what id do, too

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts