SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,202 Posts

·
Coropate greed hater
Joined
·
4,044 Posts
That power rating is in bhp, Mike.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
nizzan4u2nv said:
What is the setup? Brake horsepower, what is the difference?
The difference is not that big between BHP and HP. I dont recall the actual conversion for it, but there will not be a huge change.
 

·
Coropate greed hater
Joined
·
4,044 Posts
nizzan4u2nv said:
What is the setup? Brake horsepower, what is the difference?

Take maybe 17% off and you will have an approximate whp value.
 

·
'The Sleeper'
Joined
·
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
If you see the term BHP, it just means "brake horsepower", which is the actual usable horsepower delivered to the wheels of the car. It is so named because a brake is applied to determine how much pressure is needed to stop or absorb the power!

Therefore, the BHP rating is just the HP rating, but at the wheels!!!

Hope that cleared everything up!

The nitrous system I use is a...

Highpower Wet System

It is currently using a 5lb bottle (for weight saving) and is jetted for 100 hp. However, the bottle was far too cold on the day at only 650 psi, hence the poor increase with the nitrous. I have since installed a bottle heater, but haven't had the chance to dyno. the car again.

The current engine spec is as follows...

‘98 SR20DE Block w/ DET Piston Cooler Oil Jets
Outrun P&P ‘92 High Port Cylinder Head
JDM High Comp. Pistons
11.1:1 Compression Ratio
Dastek Unichip (Mapped live on DASTEK Dynomometer)
Dastek Rev Limit Module (8000 rpm Fuel Cut-out)
Dastek Nitrous Driver Module
Highpower Streetblaster 100i Nitrous System
Highpower Progressive Controller
Highpower Hi-Flow Line
BMC Carbon Fibre Intake Housing w/ RAM Pipe
Ceramic Coated Gen. 5 Hotshot Header w/ Thermal Wrap
Outrun 2.5” Stainless Steel Exhaust (Internally Polished)
Outrun 2.5” De-cat Pipe (Internally Polished)
Outrun Polished Intake Manifold
CCR Stainless Steel Muffler w/ 4” Slash Tip
HKS 264 Camshafts
HKS Adjustable Camshaft Sprockets
HKS Valve Springs
Unorthodox Racing Pulleys
HKS Iridium Spark Plugs (Grade 8)
Skyline GTS-25t Fuel Pump
FSE Fuel Regulator
Fidanza Flywheel

I have found the best modification so far though is by far the DASTEK Unichip Piggyback ECU. Forget any other ECU's, as these are live mapped!

Cheers

Dave :cool:
 

·
P10 Geek
Joined
·
1,565 Posts
worldcrafter said:
Ceramic Coated Gen. 6 Hotshot Header w/ Thermal Wrap

interesting
Hmm? I'd say so. Did Mike send over his prototype for testing? :tongue:

Nice #'s nevertheless!!!
 

·
'The Sleeper'
Joined
·
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why is that interesting?
 

·
P10 Geek
Joined
·
1,565 Posts
Bull GTi said:
Why is that interesting?
Hotshot has not released a Gen 6 header.

Mike Kojima is working on some protoypes, but they are not even close to being finalized for a production run. And it has not been confirmed 100% that Hotshot is going to even make them.
 

·
'The Sleeper'
Joined
·
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's strange! I'm sure that I was told it was a Gen 6. when I recieved it late last year. It was part of a group buy. Must have got wires crossed at some stage!

It must be a Gen 5. then!!!

Thanks for pointing this out to me guys!!!

Cheers

Dave :cool:
 

·
Coropate greed hater
Joined
·
4,044 Posts
Bull GTi said:
If you see the term BHP, it just means "brake horsepower", which is the actual usable horsepower delivered to the wheels of the car. It is so named because a brake is applied to determine how much pressure is needed to stop or absorb the power!

Therefore, the BHP rating is just the HP rating, but at the wheels!!!

Hope that cleared everything up!
That's the way they test in most of the world. However, there is another way to measure hp, which is done by an inertial dyno. With the inertial dyno, you have a known mass (the dyno) that is pushed by the car. The force/inertia applied on the dyno is measured as hp. There is a difference of measured hp between the brake dyno and the inertial dyno, which can range by as much as 17% or less from what I've read.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
Nice numbers.
what kind of JDM pistons give 11:1 compression ratio(N/A 300zx)?
i thought our european cars have 10:1. And no matter how much you shave your head or what headgasket you use, you cant go more than 10.2:1 with our pistons.
finally, what rev limit almera gti has stock?
i dont know any module which alters the rev limiter at our cars. can u post the exact unit model and the costs of the module plus the dastek unichip too?

thanks

alex29
 

·
Wiggatastic!
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
Harris said:
That's the way they test in most of the world. However, there is another way to measure hp, which is done by an inertial dyno. With the inertial dyno, you have a known mass (the dyno) that is pushed by the car. The force/inertia applied on the dyno is measured as hp. There is a difference of measured hp between the brake dyno and the inertial dyno, which can range by as much as 17% or less from what I've read.
You are correct Harris, Brake horsepower is what the auto manufacturers use to measure hp, it is not measured at the wheels.

brake horsepower:
(bhp) A measurement of the actual usable power (not calculated power) measured at the output shaft (usually the crankshaft)
rather than at the driveshaft or the wheels. Thus none of the auxiliaries (gearbox, generator, alternator, differential, water pump, etc.) are attached.


~ Marcus
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top