SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Al at garage advance said this was knock...do you think its true? Right where it levels off,then drops down? I think this is just the boost creeping down, because when I drive it daily, and race it, I don't feel it slowing down at all. This dyno was with a homemade ball and spring boost controller. Thanks for opinions/advice.

Justin

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ugh imagestation is obviously overloaded today...I can't get pics to load, if you can't see them, I apologize.

Justin

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, he said it was sensing knock and retarding timing.

Justin

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
How can you sense knock? I know you can hear rod knock. It sounds like he means detonation. Rod knock will be something you can hear.

·
Enemy of the stupid
4,727 Posts

Crono1321 said:
Yeah, he said it was sensing knock and retarding timing.

Justin
Well if your EGT's were shooting up up really fast at a the start of a certin RPM and the Air Fule is still good then. Yeah it's knock. The Knock sensor could be pulling timming but you prob would hear it pinging.

·
boosting
1,454 Posts
knock is exactely what everyone else is saying, it has nothing to do with rod knock, just like yellow4g said egt's climb but the car feels like it isnt going anywhere.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My car was not doing anything out of the ordinary, as in noises, bucking, slow rev's, anything. It was revving up fine. I wish I could dyno again, so I could see if, on low low boost, my car will keep climbing, because I am pretty sure it was just the boost going down.

Justin

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
I will be down on monday. I want to see first hand whats goin on!

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the help, and Mark I await your presence. I decided that...since exhaust is holding me back...when I go to the track tomorrow, I'll just leave the exhaust off! Woohoo!

Justin!

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
Sounds good to me. Leave me a phone number in my PM and I will do the same for you! Later

·
Big Juice & Big Boost
832 Posts
platinumspecv said:
I had a friend that went throught the same thing. Power loss just like that. Turned out to be his spark plugs.
You will notics it right away if is the spark plug. The car will run like ****. Doesn't it?

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1. The spark plugs are not bad, if a spark plug wasn't firing, the car would feel stock, or much slower. I ran a [email protected] tonight, so I don't think the car is exactly running slow hehe.

Justin

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
I think it is a big tuning issue. I think about an hour of messing with it should help out a lot!

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
I am in Georgia right now. I will be leaving tomorrow. I will be in touch!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts