SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
retired
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok I have promised these maps to a few people, they are not 100% done but im making a serious change so I wont be making anymore changes to this map.

This file is for an E-Manage that has a 3bar map sensor and the injection and ignition harnesses installed.

The setup is for a stock maf and 370cc injectors at 3bar. The injector correction factor is not at .70 its at .664 to add a little more fuel all the time.

The maps can be changed to work with a 2bar sensor or maf voltage, if you have the injection and ignition harnesses.

Im not sure how these maps will perform on another car so leave some feedback, The object was to save some gas but still be able to acel smooth when you go WOT quickly. Ill be glad to answer any questions if anyone has any.

-Nate
boost vs. rpm:
http://home.comcast.net/~nmadsen/maps/01-08-04.gsc

Edit: By popular demand, here is the same map scaled for TPS vs RPM instead of BOOST vs. RPM

TPS VS. RPM:
http://home.comcast.net/~nmadsen/maps/01-08-04-base.gsc

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Thanks for doing that for us Nate! Once we get John's car running we will put up a 72lb, Z32 3bar map up for you guys as well.

Brent

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Man, thanks for the map.

I really need to get my MAP sensor, ignition and injector wires hooked up. No ambition lately with the cold weather outside. But it's going to hit 50 this weekend hopefully here in Wisconsin. Maybe that will motivate me. Also school occupies almost all of my time.

Thanks again!

·
GT30R'd Up
1,813 Posts
Hey Exxd, I'm running an E-Manage right now and I'm about to Re-Boost my car. I'd Really like to get the numbers you're getting with my Upgraded T-25. What other Mods do you have? I will be running my 370's at 4 bar (with my Walbro 255 ofcourse) with maybe a Bored MAF. Thanks for the MAP too! I might try it if your Mods match mines.

Allan

·
retired
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nizmonik SE-R said:
Hey Exxd, I'm running an E-Manage right now and I'm about to Re-Boost my car. I'd Really like to get the numbers you're getting with my Upgraded T-25. What other Mods do you have? I will be running my 370's at 4 bar (with my Walbro 255 ofcourse) with maybe a Bored MAF. Thanks for the MAP too! I might try it if your Mods match mines.

Allan
You might have trouble with a bored maf but if you do the math out you can use a bored maf with the e-manage.
at the time:
I have a stock U12 bbdet
stock topmount ic
stock cams
stock maf
3" jgy downpipe
2.5" mandrel bent exhaust
walbro 255pump
the e-manage with the map sensor, harness,ignition harness, injection harness.
and a turbo xs boost controller.

Now i have a z32 maf and the emanage fully tunes by boost. (now im taking fuel by map).

Side note:
the WOT part of the map gave me around a 12:1 AFR on a stock b13 ecu.

-Nate

·
Registered
722 Posts
Excellent. I wish I had my laptop in front of me. I'm new to the e-manage so forgive some of my ignorant questions. I assume this map, theoretically, would work on a stock U13, too (which is what I have)? Only mods are the typical dp, 3" exhaust, DE ecu, and walbro fuel pump.

Anyway I have no error codes on the e-manage, but now after setting the previous and current injector setting (again lingo might be off b/c I don't have the laptop w/ me and i've only looked at it several times) and doing minor messing w/ the air flow maps (slightly leaned it out) my car refuses to accelerate from around 1500rpm-2000rpm and it finally 'catches' afterwards. Acceleration is smooth afterwards. Also after heavy acceleration the car nearly dies and I have to give it some gas for it the idle to settle at about 1100rpm. This may be a question better posted elsewhere, but what the hell. :)

·
retired
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pdr said:
Excellent. I wish I had my laptop in front of me. I'm new to the e-manage so forgive some of my ignorant questions. I assume this map, theoretically, would work on a stock U13, too (which is what I have)? Only mods are the typical dp, 3" exhaust, DE ecu, and walbro fuel pump.

Anyway I have no error codes on the e-manage, but now after setting the previous and current injector setting (again lingo might be off b/c I don't have the laptop w/ me and i've only looked at it several times) and doing minor messing w/ the air flow maps (slightly leaned it out) my car refuses to accelerate from around 1500rpm-2000rpm and it finally 'catches' afterwards. Acceleration is smooth afterwards. Also after heavy acceleration the car nearly dies and I have to give it some gas for it the idle to settle at about 1100rpm. This may be a question better posted elsewhere, but what the hell. :)
Did you setup the throttle? What are the numbers you used for the injector change, If there is too much fuel the car will fall flat on its face, and then catch, I found that out tuning one night.

·
Enjoy the GTR Matt!
3,716 Posts
Thanks for the map!! actually it was your posts in the previous thread that made me look at the emanage seriously, and now I'll be getting one.

Will the same general setup with the exception of a standard DE used instead of a U12 make a difference?

Thanks, let's start a E-manage bank to make it easy for others to start using the Emanage unit. I've got some server space I can donate.

·
retired
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
R0b_ said:
Thanks for the map!! actually it was your posts in the previous thread that made me look at the emanage seriously, and now I'll be getting one.

Will the same general setup with the exception of a standard DE used instead of a U12 make a difference?

Thanks, let's start a E-manage bank to make it easy for others to start using the Emanage unit. I've got some server space I can donate.
Shouldnt make a diff, im using a stock b13 ecu, it should make more power on the DE with the higher compression.

·
Fear no honda
923 Posts
Wow that was nice of you... to bad u didn't have that up when i had emanage and boost..I was curious wat your have your Base timing at? And is that NS_hw8 the correct air flow meter setting?? im just asking because i think i use NS_hw7 but the emanage set that when it put sr20det for engine model. I have stock MAF btw

·
retired
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Se-Rious92sentra said:
Wow that was nice of you... to bad u didn't have that up when i had emanage and boost..I was curious wat your have your Base timing at? And is that NS_hw8 the correct air flow meter setting?? im just asking because i think i use NS_hw7 but the emanage set that when it put sr20det for engine model. I have stock MAF btw
HW8 and HW7 should be the same maf, there is a few of them that are the same, i wrote them down some place. Im using hw2 now. My base timing is 17*

-Nate

·
Sportbike fevah
1,003 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but as I start collecting
parts for my own avenir t25 on DE setup, I
wonder what do I need in greddy parts for this?

Also, how does it get wired up? I assume some
instructions come with it. I know for $550, I can
get one of my DE ECU's reprogrammed by JWT,
and plug and play from there. I'd like something
I can tweak and play with myself, though,
especially since I will *probably* (as many do) add,
subtract, and modify various aspects of it.

So, once again - what do I need for Greddy gear?

I hear you guys mention the E-manage, injector
harness, and some other goodies..

Peter

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Basically the Emanage is starting to become low budget as DIY peeps are finding ways to build their own harnesses and such. There are online instructions on how to build your own pressure sensor harness and use a GM 3bar map sensor. You can also get the support too for about $45 shipped now and download the software free along with all the firmware updates and such. All you really spend money on in terms of greddy parts is the emanage, ignition harness, injector harness and that is it. You don't even need the injector harness as the extra wires on the ignition harness will control injectors for you.

Brent

·
Sportbike fevah
1,003 Posts
I just found that other thread a couple of minutes
ago with the whole basic dummy's guide to emanage.

I like the fact that it's around $400, and can be
tweaked. But then if I have to buy a wideband,
it's going to cost more.. The map sensor upgrade
sounds pretty good. the 2 bar map sensor is for
anything under about 14 psi of boost, right? So
if I start with that, and probably won't exceed it
on a DE with a t25, I'll be all set.

Now to get a map with good low-rpm characteristics,
fuel economy, cold start, warm start, perfect
anti-stall, and all the speed I need under boost!

I don't really feel like tapping my intake manifold
for an extra injector, and I know a t25 won't max
out 370's without a *lot* of help. Probably need
a walbro and AFPR to go along with the emanage
just to make absolutely sure. Might as well run it
at 4-bar just to get it over with.

That's still only what, $420+~$200. That's damn
close to what a JWT costs for an untunable ECU
alone. Problem is, I don't really have easy access
to a local dyno, and if I need need a wideband and
an EGT, it's over a grand already. I like it, but I
wonder if it's overkill for a avenir t25 on stock DE
setup, and if the plug and play aspect of a JWT
isn't a little more attractive.

Very interesting though! If I could get maps that
would work well, and be able to borrow on all that
dyno time you guys put in, maybe it would run good
for me, on the relatively cheap.

Peter

;)

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
I'm starting to really like the idea of using e-manage.....

-Josh

·
retired
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Peter said:
I just found that other thread a couple of minutes
ago with the whole basic dummy's guide to emanage.

I like the fact that it's around $400, and can be
tweaked. But then if I have to buy a wideband,
it's going to cost more.. The map sensor upgrade
sounds pretty good. the 2 bar map sensor is for
anything under about 14 psi of boost, right? So
if I start with that, and probably won't exceed it
on a DE with a t25, I'll be all set.

Now to get a map with good low-rpm characteristics,
fuel economy, cold start, warm start, perfect
anti-stall, and all the speed I need under boost!

I don't really feel like tapping my intake manifold
for an extra injector, and I know a t25 won't max
out 370's without a *lot* of help. Probably need
a walbro and AFPR to go along with the emanage
just to make absolutely sure. Might as well run it
at 4-bar just to get it over with.

That's still only what, $420+~$200. That's damn
close to what a JWT costs for an untunable ECU
alone. Problem is, I don't really have easy access
to a local dyno, and if I need need a wideband and
an EGT, it's over a grand already. I like it, but I
wonder if it's overkill for a avenir t25 on stock DE
setup, and if the plug and play aspect of a JWT
isn't a little more attractive.

Very interetsing though! If I could get maps that
would work well, and be able to borrow on all that
dyno time you guys put in, maybe it would run good
for me, on the relatively cheap.

Peter

;)
i hit 98% duty cycle on the 370cc injectors @ 3bar with the t25 no cams. Thats the reason im using a .664 correction factor instead of .7, it changed the duty cycle from 98% to 94% @ 10.5psi

·
Sportbike fevah
1,003 Posts
exxd said:
i hit 98% duty cycle on the 370cc injectors @ 3bar with the t25 no cams. Thats the reason im using a .664 correction factor instead of .7, it changed the duty cycle from 98% to 94% @ 10.5psi
Okay, now I'm *really* confused. 98% on 370's @ 3 bar,
with a t25 and no beefy cams. I have highport cams, on
a highport DE (92) and that means, they'll want a little
more fuel, I *imagine*. What leaves me clueless is, what's
the correction factor part? .664 vs. .7. Correction factor
for the injectors? A 370cc needs .664 as much pulse as a
stock 259cc? As well, are you running a little leaner now?

Is there a cold start injector you can get to add a little
extra fuel, or am I going to end up having to drill/tap my
plenum for an extra injector to add a not very well mixed
extra bit, or just forget about 370's and run 444's..

With every answer I get, I find about 20 more questions.

Education is a motherfucker sometimes.

;)

Peter

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.