SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let you know of the most current info on the kit, much more detailed than I've found anywhere else:

"Hi
This is john from Hotshot. Our kit is currently only sold in 1 stage, which is a complete Bolt On system. It includes Intercooler (which requires no cutting of your bumper for installation), turbo manifold, which has all required smog fittings, and allows use of your AC, t-3 turbo, deltagate wastegate, blow off valve, 370cc injectors, oil pressure and boost pressure gages in a pillar pod, and all mounting hardware downpipe, and I/C piping. Price with a JWT modified ECU is $3,999. This kit can be bolted on in your driveway in about 6 hours. At 7 psi you wil put approx 220 hp to the wheels, and at 10 psi (max for stock MAF, and fuel rail) you will see approx 250 hp to the wheels. This is a relable daily driven turbo system that will eat mustangs, and most other cars for lunch, and require nothing more than regular oil changes and 92 octane gas.
Thanks

John
Hotshot"

My mouth is DROOLING. :) $4000+6 hours=at least 220 wheel hp if not 250. :) Hmm... where can I get $4000?

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
WOW! now I'm drooling... tell me this: will the HP output be even higher with cams and 3" straight piping? Does it work with our current JWT ECUs or does JWT have to reprogram it for the turbo application?

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cams would certainly help a lot. I know you have to get JWT to reprogram your ECU for the turbo. They possibly have to reprogram for the cams too. Not sure if by default they program for the cams or not.
I know you want BIG exhaust with a turbo. Someone else could probably answer your question on what diameter to run with what amount of power to the wheels.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, three inches is the best for a turbo, no bigger, no smaller b/c with a turbo, a) who needs torque b) the less backpressure the turbo has the better it spools c) you can send your donations and credit card #s to me. I think you guys talked me into trying one on my car :)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya thats cool :) I might have to try it out for a while though. maybe 1 month maybe 5 years, its like a lottery, but my best bet would be for the 5 year period, or blown engine before anything :) :) but if you are up for seconds, I am more than happy to take on a small project like that

·
En mi barrio..
1,588 Posts
For 4000 you could swap in a sr20det! I performed a swap in my brothers se-r this January and it took one day! Swaping is much cheaper than buy in the kit. The sr20det's run from around 1,200 to 3,500. Then you can sell your engine (so you'll be getting money back)!

Did I mention that my brother runs a [email protected](NIRA at Moroso, FL) with 12psi of boost! That's with the stock sr20det from a GTi-R!

I'm about to swap in a sr20det into my B12 next month. I'm looking for 12's with the stock setup & 11's with minor mods.

G

·
0 Posts
With 200+ HP, will the stock 5 speed tranny self-destruct?

What about motor mounts, axles, etc?

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
200hp is not a problem with our trannies. I believe if you get up to around 300hp you would want to get your tranny cryo-treated for safety's sake. Dunno if Mr. [email protected] Ben Benavides has done this or not.

No one has ever broken an axle due to too much power. I heard of one the other day in a car that was pretty stock who broke an axle, but that's got to be due to a bad axle from the manufacturer or something.

You would want to get some motor mount upgrade whether it be energy suspension poly inserts or JWT solid mounts so that you don't crack your tranny by getting wheel hop and banging it on the crossmember.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts