SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
Joined
·
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·









before you ask: no, that is NOT a wire for a stereo. my weisco is in the nissport box back there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,113 Posts
Get off those door panels!!! :D I love Weight reduction.
 

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
Joined
·
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
where is a good place to do so? the only times i think about it is when Im on the way home to MI and I dont feel like pulling in to those truckers places.

you know ive thought about it, but im not sure i want to...i like having something to rest my arm on while im driving and i like hanging my arm out the window and i would guess whatever is underneath is pointy as can be
 

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
Joined
·
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yup sure did...the seat is a dream...SOOOO comfy, the stocker sucks in comfort and bolstering...the only problem is getting in and out :D
 

·
I need me SE-R
Joined
·
1,930 Posts
What you need to do my friend is clean that up! Make it look like a professional. :D I'd keep the door panels and everything up front. Keep it a SENSIBLE daily driver. Mine will look like yours in a few days. I'm just really lazy.

Good work...got anymore plans of what to strip?
 

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
Joined
·
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well, as you can see all the hvac stuff is gone, its just the blower adjustors there to keep things looking sensible.

I want to fab up a plate to block off the gaping hole in my dash where my hvac, cubbyhole, and cupholders went, but im not the best with fabbing stuff.

anyone have any ideas on how to go about fabbing something that big?

When it gets nice out im going to get the dremel out and get a sanding wheel and clean the ever living piss out of the interior then paint it all flat black.

for those of you who are going to duplicate...gloss black is a pain as you get sooo much glare. I found that out when i took off the speaker cover stuff.
 

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
Joined
·
8,920 Posts
I have a pair of very similar Momo seats (Rookie model). Did you use the Wedge brackets to mount it? I bought a used Wedge bracket but the bolt pattern doesn't line up with my sliders. :(
 

·
I need me SE-R
Joined
·
1,930 Posts
blairellis said:
well, as you can see all the hvac stuff is gone, its just the blower adjustors there to keep things looking sensible.

I want to fab up a plate to block off the gaping hole in my dash where my hvac, cubbyhole, and cupholders went, but im not the best with fabbing stuff.

anyone have any ideas on how to go about fabbing something that big?

When it gets nice out im going to get the dremel out and get a sanding wheel and clean the ever living piss out of the interior then paint it all flat black.

for those of you who are going to duplicate...gloss black is a pain as you get sooo much glare. I found that out when i took off the speaker cover stuff.

Sweet...you are cleaning it up! Good to hear, I can't wait to see when it's finished. I'm gonna paint my interior white tho. I might do black...I was worried about the glare too. I need to stop putting Armorol on my dash...**** shines like a mofo in the eyes!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
358 Posts
blairellis said:
where is a good place to do so? the only times i think about it is when Im on the way home to MI and I dont feel like pulling in to those truckers places.

you know ive thought about it, but im not sure i want to...i like having something to rest my arm on while im driving and i like hanging my arm out the window and i would guess whatever is underneath is pointy as can be
a great place to get your car weighed is a junk yard, or if theyre are any local truck stops around.... There is a truck stop about 15min from where i live, i wonder what my NX weighs... hmm...

ps.
10 bucks says the donut is stillin the back :D jk. how about the dash now??
 

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
Joined
·
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well the dash i think will eventually be pitched for something more...racey? im thinking a flat black painted aluminum dash or something. Heres what the current one looks like:



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,062 Posts
blairellis said:
I want to fab up a plate to block off the gaping hole in my dash where my hvac, cubbyhole, and cupholders went, but im not the best with fabbing stuff.

anyone have any ideas on how to go about fabbing something that big?

When it gets nice out im going to get the dremel out and get a sanding wheel and clean the ever living piss out of the interior then paint it all flat black.
Go to Home Depot and get a sheet of aluminum, they have all different sizes, I'm sure they have one big enough to cover that hole. You should pick up an angle grinder with some sanding discs, a dremel is going to take you forever, lol.
 

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
Joined
·
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
neonphire8604 said:
i say if your gona do it, take out every little bit you can... go all out so it will actually make the car faster.
Judging from those words I take it you have not started gutting your car yet have you?

I ran a 15.0 with just an intake and not as much weight reduction as you see on these photos with a 60' time of 2.35

Tell me that doesnt make a diffrence?
 

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
Joined
·
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
myprojectB13 said:
Go to Home Depot and get a sheet of aluminum, they have all different sizes, I'm sure they have one big enough to cover that hole. You should pick up an angle grinder with some sanding discs, a dremel is going to take you forever, lol.

ill look into the sheet aluminum...i was talking about the sanding discs to use with the dremel....if those dont work my friend has a drinder that he throws those discs on for his wheel business all the time and ill just borrow that.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top