SR20 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I drove up to Orlando today to get my car dyno'd. Man was it worth it. I met up with another owner and went to the place. The guy was cool as hell, and there were some NASTY cars there. First thing there was this DOPE Supra with a T72 on it that they couldn't get running right. Next came the Mitsubishi Mirage, we were all laughing saying that he might get 95hp to the wheels. Until he pulled up and we heard the blow off. Ends up he had a custom fabbed turbo kit with a T3 on it. Pushing 8lbs of boost, he pulled almost 200hp, the impressive part was his torque numbers exceeded his hp. Then came me, well almost I decided to let another guy with a Supra go so I could get some good video of his car. One word WOW The guy ended up pulling what he claimed was a new record for a Supra with stock internals on pump gas. Almost 700 hp!! At 1.7 bar. I got some really good video of it too. Then it was my turn. Let me break down my mod list. Place Racing CAI, Hotshot Gen 3 Header, JWT S3 cams, JWT Ecu, and an A'PEXi N1 muffler, no cat back, no pullies. Also I did the pull with my 18's on which had to rob at least 4-5hp. So anyhow I ended up pulling 149.1 hp. HA HA MARCUS!! F-Pacesetter power!:D :D :D So I'm anxious for some input I think it's pretty good considering what all is done.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
HELLS YEAH!!!
way to go Matt!!!
Those are very impressive indeed!!!
Congrats! I would be happy as a mofro!!!

--What year and model was that Mirage? Did it have an engine swap or what? 200hp is nuts!!!

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a newer style Mirage, it had the stock motor with some "tricks" as the guy put it. He made the manifold himself for the turbo. It was pretty nice.

·
Registered
765 Posts
what was the temperature outside when u dynoed, and is that a corrected #? Also, how much torque did it lay down? j/w

·
Registered
513 Posts
"slow-ass 96" my ass!!!:D

That's some nice results, especially with 18's on there. I don't know if I've seen numbers like that with those mods.......anyone?

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'm in the 150's also, i pulled my #'s with an unplugged AIV port in the header causing a huge exhaust leak which was robbing me of power. Those r some good #'s, I think our motors were built on the same day :D

·
Registered
174 Posts
Those are excellent #'s! Were did you go for the Dyno?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts