SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well for my first mod, it was cheap and very easy. It was the fog light mod. That may not count but it was. Then I did my PR CAI. By far worth every penny, but I would have to say get a ECU first. That damn rev/speed limiter just ain't for me no more. The second time around I would do that. Then work your way up. As far as exhuast save that after the headers cause thats what i'm going to do. Good Luck!!!

------------------
Peter
..on AIM = NyceP26
97 200SX SE-R
PR CAI,JWT ECU (with correct timing now @ 15TDC),91 INTAKE CAM,
KYB AGX,EIBACH SPORTLINE,
FSTB, F/R X-DRILLED ROTORS,

·
Registered
56 Posts
what kind of ecu? i have an auto, so what kind of low end power could i expect from an ecu? how about the install, is it easy? how much would one of these puppies cost? how about headers? what kind is best? how hard is the install and how much $$? later,
derek

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by d_osborn:
what kind of ecu? i have an auto, so what kind of low end power could i expect from an ecu? how about the install, is it easy? how much would one of these puppies cost? how about headers? what kind is best? how hard is the install and how much $$? later,
derek
</font>
ECU - JWT. www.jimwolftechnology.com. around $550. It's easy to install. You just locate the stock ECU under the center console of the car and swap them.

Header - Hotshot G3. Same address as above or you can try www.hotshot.com. Around $420. Not that hard of an install but you'll need some tools.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 SE(R) w/ goodies
15.1 @ 90mph at Englishtown, NJ

·
Registered
56 Posts
what to do? what to do? besides my gf getting my windows tinted for our anniversary and my cd player, what should be my first mod? i was thiking exhaust, then intake, etc. what order did you guys do this stuff it? any tips on what brands to get? thankx
derek

·
Registered
441 Posts
I second Mike's advice. Also a good diagnostic and follow-up tuneup won't hurt.

Patience (and research) is of the essence.

------------------
Rice...yummy in my tummy

·
Registered
705 Posts
in this very order:

tune up
cai
header
cams
ecu
exhaust
header
looks come last

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Greddy cat-back, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
844 Posts
yeah fast and ugly!
I did the cai, header, then catback.
now I would do cai, header, cams+ecu, exhaust, bottle. Or just go turbo!

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
Well, depends on where you ultimately want to end up.... if you want to go turbo, just save up until you have all of the money to do it(I'd highly recommend including brakes in that turbo budget, with one should come the other). If you don't care for the turbo and just want some more go power, start with intake and headers. Then the ecu and cams. Last would be the exhaust. I don't think getting a bigger exhaust really helps any until you get to the cams... just my opinion of course! The intake, headers, and ecu will keep you on the down low so no one will suspect anything

------------------
'96 SE-R.... a few tweaks here and there :)

·
Registered
705 Posts
Oh yeah i forgot one thing.....
Do yourself a HUGE favor, and buy a Factory Service Manual, if you are gonna do lots of work on your car by yourself
Its hundreds of pages that can help you tak apart your entire car piece by piece then put it back together. So far its helped me through a broken rocker arm, cam installs, header installs, foglight rewiring, intake installs, brakes, ridding of my EGR...all kinds of stuff.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Greddy cat-back, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

[This message has been edited by RPWSER (edited 04-20-2001).]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts