SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna be getting my first nissan pretty soon, so forgive me if I make an ass out of myself. I'm a muscle car guy at heart, but I love imports. I have a 78 Camaro with a 350ci mild cam atm which I'm trading for a 1989 240sx with a rebuilt KA24E(that won't be in there long). It has intrax springs, tokico blue shocks and struts, z32 fuel pump, solid motormounts, intake, headers, test pipe, full exhaust, EGR delete, and I'm not positive but I think thats it.

I'm a big NA fan, not really one for turbo power. I'm just starting to research it, so I figured I would keep digging anywhere I could. So I came here.

Is there an NA SR20 that will bold up to the 180sx/silvia S13 tranny? I want to have a naturally asperated SR20 240sx with ITBs and a fully built motor and tranny. Is there an SR20DE that will accept a RWD tranny?

also, is it possible to make your own ITB kit without spending 2 or 3 grand on one from an aftermarket company?

Any and all help is appreciated. Again, I'm new to nissan building, so bare with me ^_^

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I would buy a RWD SR20DE motorset with the transmission. It's the same gearbox as the KA but the bellhousings are different (they are interchangeable).

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
I don't think just a SR20DE will live up to what your used to with muscle cars...

I would say, get a SR20DET, from a RWD car. If you don't want a stock turboed car, then consider getting a SR20VE...

·
Laser Cats!
285 Posts
^^ true dat. Unless you want to do the NOS DAWG!

Truett

·
Registered
22 Posts
My first nissan is a NISSAN sunny b12,i already change the motor...i put an sr20de with some mods(fidanza liten flywheel and Stage 3 clutch kit,nismO ground kit,Crane cams ignition system, an adjustable fuel regulator), its not much...cuz i do my modification when i save some of my school money lol. i also got some guages EGT, OIL pressure and VACUUM. i tooked out my key switch and replaced them with switches and a press button start. later on i'm gonna try to get SOME jim wolf cams, port polish , gonna sharve my sr20de head and a metal head gasket and 100 shot of NOS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts