SR20 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I'd share my strip experience. I finally installed the ES motor mounts and that seemd to cure all of my problams. I was able to run a 15.8 @ 85MPH last night. My 60' times were rocking, on the stock 14" wheels and tires @ 25 PSI I was able to bust 2.2's all night. Here's the slip.

------------------
late,
wes
my site

G

·
0 Posts
i know that it is just time trials, but if you look at the other guys time, that was prolly a real good race! hey congrats on that fast 1.6!!!

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Good times Wes! The fastest GA I've ever heard of was fed nitrous and ran a 14.3.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, JWT s4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, PS Short Shifter, ES Mounts, ES Bushings, PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 17" Borbet Type S's w/ 205/40 Kumhos, Nis-Knacks goodies

·
Registered
883 Posts
Damn...Its as fast as me.

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the kind words guys. I knew the car could do it, but the stock motor mounts were trashed. So I replaced the rear mount and added the ES inserts. That's when I broke into the 15's. Actually project 1.6 in SCC is running a 15.6 and they have the JWT cams and TE37's on top of what I have. I think I can match possibly better that time with those same mods. The next thing will probably be a turbo though, I really want a custom turbo setup. Take care all!

late,
wes

www.wes.nissanpower.com

G

·
0 Posts
Wow.... damn nice run. I always thought the 1600 was slow. Slap slap..... you woke me up.
good show!

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Does the GA have the same exhaust port configuration as the SR? If it did, a custom turbo for it would be no harder than mine was, as long as JWT made ECU's for this application and the 370cc injectors would fit. Is the stock fuel pump the same? If not, that may need to be upped.

If the exhaust port config isn't the same, I dunno who makes a turbo manifold for a GA.

Hey! This is the SR20DE Forum! Why am I talkin about GA motors! LOL

Hmmm... maybe since we are getting so many members, maybe I should add a specific GA forum, maybe a KA forum as well and make this is Nissan 4 Cylinder Performance Forum or something?

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
En mi barrio..
1,588 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ben98SentraSE:

Hmmm... maybe since we are getting so many members, maybe I should add a specific GA forum, maybe a KA forum as well and make this is Nissan 4 Cylinder Performance Forum or something?

</font>
In the voice of Wilson from Tool Time, "I don't think so Ben!"

------------------

paradiseracing.homestead.com/home.html

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL, anyway BenSE, the GA does not share the exhaust port config. with the SR20. Not to worry, I am working on a custom turbo setup. I have been talking with Hahn racecraft about a setup, I am actually taking the car there for review of the manifold, FMIC and other stuff. Not sure when it will go in for the work to get done! But I am planning on making it much faster!

Thanks to all for the kind words!

late,
wes

www.wes.nissanpower.com

·
Registered
705 Posts
What kind of car was that ion the other lane? Just wondering...

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Stock 14's with stock tires @ 25 PSI. Cutting 2.2's all night. The motor mounts, clutch and flywheel help tremendously!

The other car was a Dodge Ram V8 truck.

late,
wes

1 - 19 of 19 Posts