SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
retired
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gehtto but functional, its in the SIG pic. We took my spare nx hood, cut a U into it, bent it up and welded sheet metal on the sides to complete the scoop, the hood is 1 peice. It didn't cost any money and its functional, Scoop is placed right over the bb tmic. Its bigger then I thought it would be, but oh well. I gotta install some hood pins soon, the hood wants to fly off :D

·
retired
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sr20ser said:
I wonder how much drag that puts on the car?
-Tim
Im sure alot, it makes noise and lifts the hood, hood thing its 1 peice :eek: I have a wrx scoop that ill put on my good hood, There is a huge diff. though as far as heatsoak goes.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I'd recommend slapping the wrx scoop on. it's good u try things out by urself tho. ur making that much horsepower from the usdm sr20de, or u have a bb motor?

·
retired
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sr20det808 said:
I'd recommend slapping the wrx scoop on. it's good u try things out by urself tho. ur making that much horsepower from the usdm sr20de, or u have a bb motor?
BBdet, its making way way horsepower then that right now, but people have a hard time with the 247whp. the 247 was the first pull, untuned. by the 3rd pull the ic and flatpipe got heat soaked and the next few pulls all did 230whp we tuned to 238whp heat soaked, this was with a stock maf that was maxed out at 5000rpm, I have made a big change to the e-manage, and some other changes ;), smokes the tires in 3rd from a roll no problem.

·
95NismoB14grl
1,492 Posts
I'll be a witness to that and im sure the cop that pulled us over the other day would say the same!!!!

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
I can dig it! I've been considering doing a drop vent on my hood....

-Josh

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Boy Nate that is ghetto. Sure it does help but if its a temp thing don't worry :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts