SR20 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well today i finally got around to putting in my 75 shot jets for my Nitrous Works brand nitrous kit (42 nitrous and 28 fuel) since it was a pretty nice day and all. before i had a 50 shot (33 nitrous and 25 fuel), anyways, i read people comments on how they put in a 50 shot and thought..."ehh...its ok", then later when they put in the 75 shot they where like "WHAO!"

well here is my impression: it felt just like a 50 shot. *slightly* more pull, but not really all that noticable, in my opinion anyways. i guess i overrated it and it came out not to meet my expectations....i thought it it was going to sink me in the back of my seat, but no, just a little tug.

either that or my car is just running like crap!

BTW: do any of you guys experience your solenoids freezing up on you? i mean, when i tried to purge, it didnt work. then i tapped and tapped "them" (nitrous didnt work either) and then they finally worked. my car has just been sitting out in the freezing cold for a while could that be the problem?

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
nizzan4u2nv said:
Im sure you would feel 25hp.
I'd think so too, you may want to do some troubleshooting... What was your bottle pressure like? You mentioned it was cold outside, do you have a heater?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
75 shot does not press me in my seat, there is a nice pull, and I have time to react, but not like I had hoped either, 100 shot here I come.

·
Like it or Don't Like it
1,084 Posts
Selenoids tend to freeze up do to too much presure on the bottle...do you have a gauge you can check? the perfect psi is up to 1,200psi and will feel good like to 950-900 or under will just waste NOS and wont give you a good shot so you gota heat it again...but Id check that...if you go to 1,300-1,400 psi you will freeze the selenoids...try it and see if it doesn't do it again...if they dont work still take the selenoid out and replace an O-RING it has inside...your probably blew it.

Edrick.

·
Like it or Don't Like it
1,084 Posts
nizzan4u2nv said:
Maybe the solenoids arent open up all the way. I dont think many members have Nitrous Works kits. Im sure you would feel 25hp.

Na selenoids don't work like throttle bodys...they are just an interruptor...ON/OFF thats all they do..you activate them and they go open...desactivate and off thats it...what regulates NOS is just the JETS

Id say he didn't feel a good shot do to selenoids freezing up...but I had 75hp and they feel good but not that you wont be able to speak or move from your seat...and the engine doesn't hear stressed out either...if you want thriller hit 125hp +

but don't do it on stock engine...had a friend put 150hp...lasted a few passes well enough for what I expected to happen blew up in 1 week...and he runned it every day....strong engine...but pistons didn't hold up well...duh (stock engine thats why I don't recommend it)

but iv seen stock SR20'S pushing 100hp shot w/ no problem.

remember on WET SYSTEMS don't do it w/ a DRY SYSTEM or you will say bye bye even with a 75hp shot

heh.

Edrick

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Digitek said:
Selenoids tend to freeze up do to too much presure on the bottle...do you have a gauge you can check? the perfect psi is up to 1,200psi and will feel good like to 950-900 or under will just waste NOS and wont give you a good shot so you gota heat it again...but Id check that...if you go to 1,300-1,400 psi you will freeze the selenoids...try it and see if it doesn't do it again...if they dont work still take the selenoid out and replace an O-RING it has inside...your probably blew it.

Edrick.
it has been cold, but not on that day. i left the bottle in the tub for like 3-5 mins under HOT water. bottle was warm. took it out and put it back in the car, turn the bottle on. ran the car til it got warm and pressed my purge button, nothing. pressed my nitrous activation button and the car died (running rich). so my nitrous and purge froze, different brands. i didnt know that high pressure nitrous could do that. i tapped them and after a while they started to work again. interesting.

no gauge, but i do have a warmer, just not hooked up. so tempted to try a 100 shot.

anyone run a 100 shot with a single fogger?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Dude if you even suspect that there MAY be a problem with your nitrous system I woudln't try a 100 shot until you figure out exactly what may or may not be wrong with it.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jlpearl said:
Dude if you even suspect that there MAY be a problem with your nitrous system I woudln't try a 100 shot until you figure out exactly what may or may not be wrong with it.
true. but its so tempting. anyways, we're blessed that the sr20de's go for around 500 bucks....

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Digitek said:

Edrick.
hey i think that is the problem! i refilled my bottle and stuck it in hot water for a couple of minutes to bring the pressure up. took it out and put it back in my car, bottle was hot. opened the bottle and tried to purge, but my purge solenoid didnt open. relieved some pressure from the bottle via the fitting and the purge solenoid would activate. strange thing is, my nitrous solenoid would work though b/c i could hear it spray into my intake manifold with the bottle hot. maybe i need to rebuild the purge solenoid, or just replace the o-ring???

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
Aye I have the reason why you didnt feel a difference! You need a bottle heater! Putting the bottle in the Tub will get the pressure up but right when you put it in your car the bottle will cool back down QUICKLY.

Take an Aluminum canned drink and Leave it in the sun (No need to shake it) after its sat in the sun for a while try to sqeez it. You will barely be able to do it.

Then leave the can inside for 5 Mins. Try to sqeeze(damn I cant spell!!) it again. Notice how you can actually sqeeze it a little more now? Same concept with your bottle. RIGHT when you spray the pressure and the bottle temp drops. You need a bottle warmer so that it can keep it at that constant pressure.

I thought the same thing about my 55 shot until I got a heater! Before the heater I was like "Thats it??" After the heater.....well I didnt say anything........I had a big ass grin on my face from ear to ear!! Get a gauge and make sure your pressure is at at least 950psi (preferably more like 1000-1200psi). I think the 50shot will be more then satisfying then! The HEATER MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE!!

·
Banned
361 Posts
when i used to run my 75shot with my NX wet kit-holy ****-it would blaze the tires through third gear-launch on the bottle smoke-shift second smoke-shift third more smoke then it would start to grab at the top of third gear and really put you in the seat-that was with the bottle pressure regulated at around 950-1100 by the auto warmer by NX(gen 2 kit)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts