SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I always wanted to hear some info on this system, so I'll try and tell about it alittle. Mind you I don't have my bottle warmer yet, and I do live in Oregon (40-55 degrees right now), so I'm not running full psi yet.

There is a switch to turn off and on the solenoid. In on position when you hit WOT it kicks over to the nitrous program. And soon as you lift your foot alittle it switches back to the performance program again.

When you're in like third gear, then flick the switch and then floor it, it seems there is a slight delay, then the car starts taking off, then accelerates harder, and Harder, and HARDER! Feels almost like a turbo in this aspect. It is very controllable, and the power comes on smooth and linear.

Now if you're flooring it already then flick the switch, you don't get that "lazy" initial feeling, it just simply takes off! Yes I have tried it a couple of times in first gear, not to hard, just watch for wheel spin. If you're already going in first gear like 10 mph and then floor it, the tires will break loose! Mind you I'm running 225/40/16 yoko's!

My experience on backroads...here's one good example. Going fast but have to slow down for one of those super tight turns heading up a mountain. I'm going too fast for first gear, try flooring it around the turn up the hill in second at 3200 rpms...it pretty much bogs and accelerates o.k. That was before.... Now same turn, I go through the turn in second flooring it, then start to straighten the wheel coming out of the turn and flick the switch.....vroom! holeshot! The friggin' car scoots out of the turn up the hill like a v8! No boggin, just accelerates with authority from 3200 rpms+.

Well sorry for the long post, just passing along impressions :) (too bad this didn't count for like 4 posts!)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey jason, absolutely no nitrous program unless the switch is activated. So you can thrash all day NA if you want and keep the bottle valve open. Then when you want to race, you can either floor it then flick switch...instant nitrous, or you can flick the switch and then floor it...."turbo lag" feeling followed by increasing acceleration. I imagine with the 100 shot, the acceleration could get a "little" crazy :). Yeah, the control is great, it makes a great "passing gear" lol. You especially notice the difference while accelerating up hills...torque! Jason, when you get hooked up be sure and write something up....I may want to upgrade next spring!

later.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
yep, it gets old filling all the time....... That is one of the reasons I am n/a again.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Yummy, soon enough I'll share my impressions.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
dude, that's great information as I am very close to getting the 100shot JWT system. Does the ECU still try to switch over when you floor it even though the switch is off? Or does it not switch to the nitrous program unless the switch is on? It sounds like you have tons of control.

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
yeah, I'm going to like having the control. Hopefully filling the bottle won't be too expensive; there's a shop right down the road from me.

Brian, you have to drive a ways to get yours filled, don't you? That would suck.

I'll definitely share my experiences. It looks like middle of May will be D-Day. I have Mike Gosselin's 370cc injectors just waiting in the production queue for me to signal the go!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts