SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tonight I called stillen on their so called turbo starter kit and the conversation goes like this. "thanks for calling stillen, this is blablabla how may I help you" me "hey, hows it going. I got a question for you. I know you guys sell a turbo starter kit for the se-rs right" him "yes" me "cool, what kind of stuff does it come with" him "well, what year is your car" me "98" him "ok, well you know that we do not make an ecu for that yet" me "ya, I was just going to rewire the one from the 97" him "uuuuuuuu does that work?" me smiling "ya" him "well, what I can sell you and I know will work is the manifold off a sr20det, and a turbo off of a gti-r" me "cool, about how much does that run?" him "weeeeeeel, I could do it for about, lets see here... about 1600 bux" me about to laugh my ass off "****, what kind of turbo does that come with?" him after he said it was off of a gti-r " well, it is a t28/t3 hybrid turbo" me "ball bearing anything?" him "no, I don't think so, and that is all it comes with, no lines, hoses, i/c, nothing, turbo and manifold." me "well, I am not overly concerned with that part" him, kinda sarcastically "really" me "ya, well let me think about this and I will call you back in a few days" him "cool, just call us back and ask for blablabla or just dial in ext. wtf and I can set you up" me "cool man, thanks alot and I will call you back" I hang up. who the **** do these guys think they are? man, that gets to me. first the guys says one thing about the actual turbo, and changes it. when he told me the price (of course I do not pay retail, we have an account with them) I almost had a heart attack at my young age of 23. the sad thing is this guy knew everything.... enough rambling
just thought you guys would get a kick out of this

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Man those things go for $400-$500 in the SE-R.net classifieds. At least Bluebird ones. Don't think a T28 is worth another grand.

G

·
0 Posts
Brian,
You get a discount from Nissan Motersports USA right? I know I do and have also looked into turbo pricing. At the dealer discount you can get the GTIr manifold and T28 turbo for under $900. At least this was the price I was quoted whan I called the other day.

MarC SE-R

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hey Bri,

Just get your turbo and manifold through NISMO call up Wolf and have them do the rest. Then Send Stillen all your receipts with a bomb enclosed..

G

·
0 Posts
That is the price I get! The dealership I work for is very tight about letting me get stuff for other people.

MarC SE-R

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no, no,no, I just called up there like any other person to see if this guy was trying to screw me. I know I could get it cheaper through my work, but even with my discount, I do not think it is worth the money. ya, that does sound about right through nissan motorsports. that is not as bad as paying out the ass, but is still expensive. used turbo w/ a rebuild should be alot cheaper.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Stillen SUCKS. They are the worst, most horrible customer service company I have EVER dealt with. I can't even tell you how many times they tried to **** me over with this. I haven't bought anything from them in a long time and don't plan on it. They are only good for their STB's.

Jordan
'98 Sentra SE who hates stillen.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just called them for shits and giggles anyways. actually they are not bad for us anyways, they have not really screwed anything up badly. all they are is buying a somewhat cheap product and marking it up, alot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts