SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I go to replace my Brake pads and I go to take my lugs off. All three come off fine. Then I get to the fourth one and it doesnt want to come after it spins a little. So I tighten it some with the impact wrench hoping that will help. Well I go to un tighten it again with the Impact wrench (Its electric so it doesnt have much power) and it doesnt want to come off after several attempts. What should I do?

Im gonna take it to my Friends shop to see if he can get the bolt to come off or at least break the damn stud. But Im stuck here...

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I got a source on some lugs from Carrolina Nissans Good looking out though. Now I just hope its as easy as breaking the stud off and replaceing it. BUt I doubt it will be :rolleyes:

·
MMM, organized crime
740 Posts
Yea, Autozone and Napa should have the studs in stock. I bought a few from Autozone a few months ago. Easy as hell to replace. Just use a 4 point lug wrench and get someone fat so stand on one side..that'll brake em off:D

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
I had to cut mine off with a cutoff wheel when a monkey cross threaded the lugnut on my stud. It was a pain the in the ass.

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SENTRASER said:
I had to cut mine off with a cutoff wheel when a monkey cross threaded the lugnut on my stud. It was a pain the in the ass.
Dont say things like that!!

·
Whut?That Ain't No Hondah
2,558 Posts
get out a big breaker bar and loosen it til the stud breaks. You over torqued the nut. Buy another stud from nissan, runs anywhere from $1.50 thru a good hookup to an assraping $4.50 each.

I've done this to 8 out of the 10 original 16 year old rear studs on my Z, it sucks but its an easy fix.

·
6,928 Posts
Well, he said it was still spinning and not moving, so thats why I said he may have to cut it off.

·
Charlie Brown look alike
3,825 Posts
You can get wheel studs from Advance for $.99 a piece. Ask me how I know that they have them for a Honda. :rolleyes:

·
EJ25 AWD Monster
4,680 Posts
Peanuthead said:
You can get wheel studs from Advance for $.99 a piece. Ask me how I know that they have them for a Honda. :rolleyes:

hondas use a different thread pattern. ours is 12X1.5mm and a honda is 12X1.25mm or vice versa.

·
Charlie Brown look alike
3,825 Posts
I know that they are different. :) The Nissan is a M12x1.25mm and a Honda is a M12x1.5mm. I was saying that because I snapped 2 off on an Accord I helped work on recently.

·
EJ25 AWD Monster
4,680 Posts
Peanuthead said:
I know that they are different. :) The Nissan is a M12x1.25mm and a Honda is a M12x1.5mm. I was saying that because I snapped 2 off on an Accord I helped work on recently.

OK, my bad, it didnt read that way, or at least I mis read it. :biggthump

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
Crim said:
get out a big breaker bar and loosen it til the stud breaks. You over torqued the nut. Buy another stud from nissan, runs anywhere from $1.50 thru a good hookup to an assraping $4.50 each.

I've done this to 8 out of the 10 original 16 year old rear studs on my Z, it sucks but its an easy fix.
Infiniti Rydah said:
Usually if you work it with an air impact gun for a while, you can snap the stud clean in half. Then just replace the stud.
No offense, but you guys have terrible reading comprehension. The stud is spinning freely, not torqued down.

Just go to advance once you get the stud out, like said above, they sell studs for like a buck.

·
6,928 Posts
Will said:
No offense, but you guys have terrible reading comprehension. The stud is spinning freely, not torqued down.

Just go to advance once you get the stud out, like said above, they sell studs for like a buck.
I second that....;)
SENTRASER said:
Well, he said it was still spinning and not moving, so thats why I said he may have to cut it off.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Will said:

No offense, but if you can cock the gun slightly and get the lug to remotely grab, you can do as I posted above.

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lug nut 0- Me 1 :biggthump

Will- they assumed right. When I said spin I meant that it would only turn just a little before it siezed(I before e? lol) up again. I worked it back and forth for like three minutes today with the impact gun, and then use the OEM Nissan lug wrench with the key in it to break the bitch lose!

Thanks for the help bitches! I mean that!

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Johnny wangwang said:
Lug nut 0- Me 1 :biggthump

Will- they assumed right. When I said spin I meant that it would only turn just a little before it siezed(I before e? lol) up again. I worked it back and forth for like three minutes today with the impact gun, and then use the OEM Nissan lug wrench with the key in it to break the bitch lose!

Thanks for the help bitches! I mean that!

Damn, thats rusty.

Have fun putting the new one in :biggthump

1 - 20 of 24 Posts