SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out my timeslip! 14.9 at 81....Any ideas what this could have been if I didn't sand bag a little past 1/8 mile to keep from breaking out? Funny thing is I lost anyway...by .029 sucks eh! This was from last night at Sacramento Raceway.

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
opps...my bad..this my be a little big but a least yall can read it..

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Judging by how hard you left off the gas/nitrous, or hit the brakes (only 4 mph gain in the last 1/8th mile?), I'd say you were probably on a low-mid 14-second run if you'd have stayed in it. Your 60-ft time isn't all that spectacular, though.

I gain 20mph in the last 1/8th mile usually. You need to make a full, complete run. That's the only way you'll ever find out.

I hate sandbagging, too. It can work the other way, though, and you'll still lose. I got 2nd place at an import event this summer by launching, spinning, and thinking I was behind because of the spinning I did on the line.

Soooo....what do I do? I stay in it -HARD- to play catch-up, which I think I need. I ended up breaking out. So did the other guy. If I'd have just let off anywhere on the track (or before the lights, as I didn't catch the other guy), I'd have won the event.

Such is bracket racing...

·
Registered
429 Posts
how does bracket racing work?? I was confused about it when I sometimes saw cars braking at the end..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts