SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum, just got my SE-R a month ago took this long to find this forum. I glad I did. Here's my Pride and Joy 92 SE-R 71k miles all receipts cherry inside and almost out (couple of dings).

------------------
Art R.
1992 Sentra SE-R
SCCA Solo II Driver
Cal Club #823 E Stock

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are Yokohama AVS intermeadiates.
I used them for autocross, kinda big but work surprisingly well. I used them on my Talon before. They are 205x60x14.
I noticed in another post that someone asked if it was the 4x4 version now I know what they mean. I'm not that big on looks, what works count for me. I plan on getting this car ready for the Nationals in Topeka this September. I have since put these tires on some aftermarket wheels and have install some BFG R1's 205x55x14 on the stock alloys.

[This message has been edited by Trys_Hard (edited 05-03-2001).]

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Cool...yea join the club of 4x4's. Or as i like to say, us who dont have to cring when we pull into a driveway....

Mine

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
It kinda looks cool though. You must get good grip when the tire's shoulders lean in the turns.

·
Registered
883 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bennitto Mallito:
It kinda looks cool though. You must get good grip when the tire's shoulders lean in the turns. </font>

Damn, why are you so set on knocking someone else's car, just because its not slammed doesnt mean its not a good looking car.

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"
The Beginning.

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Welcome Art. Not too many of us autocross here. I've also got a 92 that I've just finished preping for STS. I'm off to Petersburg today for the Prosolo to (hopefully) whoop some Honda and Subaru ass.

If you haven't already, get some KYB AGXs for that thing. I surprised a bunch of people in D-stock last year, and I think that car will make a very nice E-stocker. Mark Chiles seems to be doing quite well in his. Good luck!

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MaddMatt:
Welcome Art. Not too many of us autocross here. I've also got a 92 that I've just finished preping for STS. I'm off to Petersburg today for the Prosolo to (hopefully) whoop some Honda and Subaru ass.

If you haven't already, get some KYB AGXs for that thing. I surprised a bunch of people in D-stock last year, and I think that car will make a very nice E-stocker. Mark Chiles seems to be doing quite well in his. Good luck!
</font>
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Matt I have already put on the KYB AGX's what settings did you use when you ran D Stock. I currently have 1/2 degree camber in the front 0 in the rear with toe set to 0 in the front and back. I still have to drive the car every day so I can't get to radical with the alignment. But I plan on towing the car to Topeka this September and will need some advice on the max setup for the nationals.

Thanks again!

------------------
Art R.
1992 Sentra SE-R
SCCA Solo II Driver
Cal Club #823 E Stock

[This message has been edited by Trys_Hard (edited 05-04-2001).]

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
Hey,

I saw a Sentra SE-R in your sig on the SCCA Forums. A "Classic" with so few miles is quite a find. My '92 SE-R had 92k on the odometer when I got it three years ago.

There is an article on SE-R.net, "SE-R Secrets," that might help you some. Mark Chiles wrote it a long time ago, but it could be worth a read if you're competitively running ES:

http://www.se-r.net/about/sentra_se-r/secrets.html

Now, there are more choices in struts, mufflers, and R-compound rubber. The KYB AGX is the best strut value these days. The Koni inserts are too much of a pain to adjust for a daily driver - you have to take the struts off the car to change settings. And avoid the Tokico HP at all costs. They're no better than stock, for more money.

Oh, and you might find some more good information about competition chamber in the SE-R List archives.

[This message has been edited by JimR (edited 05-04-2001).]

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the AGX's already and I put in those replacement bolts that are smaller as descibed in that article. Of course this being a daily driver for now I can't go to the same extremes as Mark Chile on the alignment. But I do plan on the nationals this year and I'm going to tow the car to Topeka so I'll do an alignment before that.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Limited Slip:
awesome! mine has the same mileage... i only wished i had sunroof though!
</font>
I'm glad mine doesn't!
Why?
When I wear my helmet I don't have to squosh down. The car weighs less, in fact my car doesn't have power anything. The only SE-R that would be lighter than mine would be if it didn't have AC either. I will be getting it weigh soon, I am curious how much it weighs. When your competition in ES Autocross only weighs 1900 lbs you always have to be on a diet! Although I beat him today and took my first SCCA Solo II Class Championship!

[This message has been edited by Trys_Hard (edited 05-07-2001).]

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
LOL yea Eric commented on my classic before he got his about the head room. Mine has a POS flipup/removeable glass sunroof that the previous owner put in. But I think that is part of the reason I always feel that b14's and up cars are tiny. Im used to not having my hair rub the roof.

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
The headroom is THE reason I went looking for an early SE-R.

I ran full soft front and rear with zero toe on the street. At an autocross, I ran full soft up front and full stiff in the rear. If that wasn't loose enough for me, I toed out the rear until I nearly spun. 1/2" total toe in the rear does wonders for rotation.

I did the toe adjustment myself at the autocross. It's pretty easy. All you need is a 22mm wrench and a 22mm ratchet. 5 minutes. I learned this at an Evolution Autocross Dial-in school last year.

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">A "Classic" with so few miles is quite
a find.</font>
When I bought my '92 in late '99, it had a whopping 46,800 miles on it. I'm the third owner. The previous owners bought it in late '92 with 21,000 on it. So if my math is correct, they put just over 3500/year on it.

I know I paid way too much for it, but it was an absolute cream puff that had all service records performed by the dealer.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts