SR20 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here are 2 pics of the Thermal muffler that will be attached to my couresty b-pipe. Both at 2.25 the whole way.

I am looking of a tip that looks like the Apexi dunk http://www.apexi-usa.com/exhausts_dunk.asp. If anyone knows where I could get a tip like that. Or like the HKS tip. I am having troube locating one. Anyway, hope you guys like it. I want a deep sound. My brother has this muffler on his car and it is so deep!
In about 3 weeks I might get to hear it.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Dynomax bullet for me the 18" long 3" through one. Connected to the end of my 3" mandrel bent turbo back exhaust I'm making next week. Only $36.99/pc from Jegs!

and

= fast turbo spoolin!

Mike

[This message has been edited by Mike Gosselin (edited 08-07-2001).]

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Nice, thats the muffler I'm getting Mike. I'm ditching my dynomax super turbo soon.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket

·
_______
3,640 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 97 Black SER:
Nice, thats the muffler I'm getting Mike. I'm ditching my dynomax super turbo soon.</font>
That bullet mufler *will* be super loud if your NA. You sure you want to go with that?

Mike

·
Of Topic Count: 11,684
1,168 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by xTurbo Classicx:
i heard those things are louder then stillen mufflers..which are pretty loud!

</font>
Way back in the day, my cousin had a thermal (I think it was thermal) muffler on a Mercury Tracer (don't laugh, he now drives a CRX with a motor swap). Anyway, that thing was loud as hell. Maybe a glasspack presilencer would help?

------------------
Slow 1.6
http://members.tripod.com/yankitman

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Hey! That looks just like mine!! Except mine comes in the 3 inch variety
Oh, and just leave the tip off. It looks good even without it.

------------------
David
Boosted '98 Super Black SE
Sentra on Steroids

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
ALL straight through mufflers are LOUD. You need a perforated glasspack to quiet your muffler. Also, the longer the muffler and the glasspack, the quieter the exhaust. It is not rocket science
The thermal looks short to me.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts