SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
shift_MYSTICK
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well some of you may remember me selling my B13 about 6 months ago, and then picking up a ST165 (88 toyota celica alltrac) with a blown motor. I ended up buying a JDM ST185 (1992 toyota gt-four) 3sgte to put in it and some other goodies. I am using the 1992 JDM ECU and wiring harness in it, so it was quite a task! As far as i know there are only two people that have done this swap, my self and a guy named chris in canada who helped me out a ton! Basically, quick facts the new motor makes 225hp at 8psi compared to 185 at 8psi from the old motor. Also with my mods and 15psi i should be making 13second slips pretty easily

Next to come, bigger turbo, paint, injectors, fuel pump, suspension and wheels. All in the coming months, we're looking to make 350whp at 20-22psi on a CT20b im getting! Wish me luck!

Here are some recent pictures:

And a dirty engine bay shot (trust me it looks much better now, and its getting better every day) *I just need my BOV (roo!) and straight intake to go with it (935!)

and had to add the classic, working in an empty engine bay pic

The car will look better soon.

Stay tuned!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I remember when you got that car. Looks really good now (from what I can see - pics kind of dark. ;) ) Can't wait to see the times you get.

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Looks awesome dude! Keep us updated on your project!

·
shift_MYSTICK
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
will do, im planning on doing alot of dyno tuning in the first weeks of july once i get my fuel system in and new turbo! 20-22 psi should be fun!

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
NICE! That is sweet man, I love those old all tracs!

-Josh

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
So - how hard is it to find parts for it (stock & aftermarket)???

·
shift_MYSTICK
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, i guess you could say its a little harder than our se-rs, but not much. Ive really had no problems getting anything from cv shafts, to general maintance items. Aftermarket parts are readily available if you know what you want and where to get them. And being part of the Alltrac.net really helps, there is always a good amount of people that will find things for you. Also a few good vendors for alltracs only. That and you got to remember this motor was in the mr2s also, so there is another area you can look for parts.

Basically its a rare car, you get what you pay for!

·
Red line chaser
2,040 Posts
I used to want one when they first came out. They were so underrated (saw very very few of them) and could become so potent with the right tuning. Good to see a tuned All-trac project, not to mention a tuned J-spec one. I wish you luck and keep the pics and updates coming.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts