SR20 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before:

After:

She still needs a front spoiler (anyone have one????)
Mods: - K&N filter by prev. owner hehehe

Chris

·
Registered
729 Posts
Did you do all the work yourself??? That looks really good,,,I frst looked at the first picture and said to myself ouch,,but then I looked at the other pictures and became amazed...Good job ;)

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah, went to a junk yard and picked up all the parts - however I did straighten the drivers fender so I didn't have to replace it. I unbolted everything and took it to a body shop butt ass naked hehehe they proceeded to paint/fix - the radiator support had to be replaced and I wasn't touching that one with a 10ft. pole.

They painted it also - they did kinda a shitty job first run - but have promised me they will fix it when I bring it in to have the rest painted (I want to remove all the door dings and a big dent on the pass. side first).

Chris

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
How much did the paint/bodywork run you, and where was it done?

TIA

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To have the front end pulle a hair, a whole new front panel welded in + the part (its the metal that holds the radiator, the headlight buckets, etc a pretty darn big piece) and to paint both fenders, hood and bumper cover they charged $1000. That also inlcludes them doing a few other things they didn't get to - but again they F*cked up the paint BAD. They promised they'll fix it all when they paint the whole car (this spring) so we'll see but Sorry to say but I wouldn't recommend them - they were friends of the family and I had done a lot of PC work for them..... Anyways my first shop I had bad luck with was Blue Ash Auto body in Cincy with my G20, now the NX at Rice auto body in ky.

Chris - is there a good body shop - anywhere?

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya I thought about that the other day - but its the owners last name - and its out in the good ol'e country boys... hehehe

Chris
Rice rice baby.... dum dum dum dum dum

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
$1000??? To get the same thing done on my NX was $2100. And that WASN'T with parts.

Before:

After in sig:

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
Dude...how much did you pick up your car for? And is it safe for me to assume that is a 93 NX, 'cause I belive they only made that color in 93...and what options does it have?;)

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes - the car is a '93 NX2000
96k miles - I paid $600 for it, and drove it home from MI, to KY.

I've spent another 1200+ on paint/getting it fixed up
I still need a front spoiler for it and have that on the way.

So far very well worth it...

Option wise: It has everything power windows/door locks and AC, of course 5spd - WOOOO HOOOO
Will the AC be yanked - probably :p

The guy that had the car had been qouted and outrageous amount to fix it...... $1500 for a hood??? and $1000 for a front bumper cover - I was like WTF? ohhhh welll

Chris

·
6,928 Posts
I'm very jelous....:p thats the exact car that I want...you wanna sell it? LOL J/k...I know you don't...you got an AWSOME deal, I could have fixed that all up myself...loooks sweet!!:D

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually I might sell it - what do you want to offer? I just put the fogs/front spolier on though the front spoiler isn't painted blue yet, also the dent in the rear needs to be pulled. I may be buying a '92 NX and if I do I may sell this one - make an offer.....

Items that need attention on this car:
Door locks - someone tried to breakin before I got it - driver/pass door locks are F*cked - $160 from nissan to replace all three. (they work but someitmes its hard)

Dent in the rear
Dent under the pass door that keeps the ground effects from mounting correctly.....

Rear hatch seal is leaking - havent looked at replacement cost yet.

Also - the front end wasn't blended with the rear since I was gunna repaint it - the front wasn't done to the best either (I'm VERY picky) so to make it look like a show car it needs a complete repaint - but thats your call....

Just tuned it up - brand new plugs/wires/cap/rotor - max life motor oil....

C ya

Chris

·
6,928 Posts
Well, I don't really have much to offer right now, what would you consider taking for it? Anything under $3000? Let me know man, my e-mail address is [email protected], my PM box is probably full, so just e-mail me...

~Ryan:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts