SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Peggy the Eggy
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just recently found my photo album with a bunch of pictures of most of the cars ive owned, so i thought i would make a thread and share. the first few cars i bought before i could drive just to clean up and sell to make a little money.

this thread could probably also be called "why insurance rates are so high for teenagers"...

this is the second car i bought. it was an 81 mustang turbo. i think i learned how to drive stick moving this guy around the yard:

then i bought this 528e. i got it when i was 14 and since it was only a few blocks away from my house i got to drive it home following my dad. it came with a fat stack of tapes, and one of them had master p's ghetto d on it. i bumped that on the way home and thought i was the coolest kid in town :rofl: .

then i picked up an 84 300zx turbo 5-speed.

then a few months before i turned 16 me and my dad started looking for a car for me to fix up for when i got my license. i bought this 89 GLI jetta from my dads doctor, who was the original owner. it looked like hell when i bought it. it didnt run, the paint was all faded, and it had about 160k miles. i spent DAYS cleaning/waxing/vacuuming this car, and it spent some time up at a vw shop getting it road worthy. that damn car ended up back at the vw shop once every other month, so eventually i sold it. i had this bitch CLEAN though... before i got my license....

then a month after i got my license i was on my way home from seeing the first jackass movie when i thought i would pull a sweet trick of my own. hi im burt smith and this is rearending a brand new $90,000 benz. ouch!

i got it fixed, drove it for a few more months, and then got t-boned by an idiot friend of mine :squint: .

then i decided to get into the honda world. i bought this 97 dx:

i bought it at 6pm, took it home, washed it, went to the gym, and went from there over to a friends house to show it to him. his dad suggested that i take him for a ride...... and boy did I!

thats what it looked like by 9:30.

when your friend says "hey man i know a sweet place where we can get some air!"...... just say no. the car rolled one and a half times and slid on its roof. took out 2 trees and about 40 feet of fence. see the hole in the windshield? a fence board went up under the hood, out the back, through the windshield and right between our heads. this was a wake up call, as i easily could have killed us both. $500 ticket and license suspended by parents for that one.

when i was allowed to drive again, i decided to be the captain of a yacht. 1972 buick centurion. 455, dual exhaust, green on green... that car was the sh*t. unfortunately it got around 8 MPG and died on me 3 of the 4 times i drove it. it had an overheating problem so i had to get rid of it. a big thuggin dude bought it from me, and a year after he did he brought it by to show it to me. i wasnt home, but my dad said the guy had a pitt and it chewed up all the interior.

after that i decided to try my luck with another honda, a 94 Si. bought it like this:

and riced it like this:

that was a damn good car though. ZERO problems with it ever. it was my first autox car. man i bet there were a whole lot of people laughing at me...

i picked up this while i was driving the Si just to flip. it was a 92 towncar:

it was dirty as hell when i bought it. i cleaned every square inch of the seats with a tooth brush :eek:.

then i had to get rid of the Si because i owed my parents money and i got my ENTIRE family dropped from safeco insurance after wrecking my sisters accord one morning on the way to school.

my dad had bought this 75 vw camper for $200 in bad shape and not running.

it sat in our yard for a few months and my dad wasnt doing anything with it, so i asked him if i could take it over. $1200 and a TON of time later, i got it looking like this:

that was a sweet ride to have in highschool :biggthump .

after that i drove a civic 4x4 wagon around for a while until i graduated highschool. then i bought my egg, and then a couple months later i bought another one:

i snaked a few parts off that one for mine and ended up selling it about a year ago. i think i just saw it back on craigslist a couple weeks ago.

there were a couple other cars i had in the mix, but i dont have pictures of them. my first bought car was a 73 el camino, there was an 87 saab turbo that i had for a day, a POS 92 olds wagon that i ALMOST sold my white NX because of, and a 49 ford that my dad gave me.

and thats the story of me and my cars folks! oh and dont worry about Peggy, i havnt wrecked a car in 3 and a half years :) .

·
GTI-R DONE
1,151 Posts
u have cool taste

·
hasta la victoria siempre
5,614 Posts
when i was allowed to drive again, i decided to be the captain of a yacht. 1972 buick centurion. 455, dual exhaust, green on green... that car was the sh*t. unfortunately it got around 8 MPG and died on me 3 of the 4 times i drove it. it had an overheating problem so i had to get rid of it. a big thuggin dude bought it from me, and a year after he did he brought it by to show it to me. i wasnt home, but my dad said the guy had a pitt and it chewed up all the interior.

Gotta love the details! Sweet car:biggthump

·
agent camel toe
9,396 Posts
for such a young member looks like u have been thru some tales..

·
Do Work!
222 Posts
that 94 si looked really good when you bought it (and i dont like hondas)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Gah that 94 SI was so perfect when you bought it!

Oh well, the rice bug gets the best of most of us one time or another.

·
i love b13's !
8,012 Posts
wow, you must have been one asshole behind the wheel to crash that many cars in a short period of time.

but its good to here that you havent wrecked in while.

stratton.

·
Peggy the Eggy
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
i just dont get how you go from an '84 Z turbo to a jetta:eek2:

and what happened to the ford? dont tell me you wrecked that too!!!

nice collection though....too bad you dont still have em all!!!

the 49 ford hasnt been on the road in 22 years:

wow, you must have been one asshole behind the wheel to crash that many cars in a short period of time.

but its good to here that you havent wrecked in while.

stratton.

i just had my moments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts