SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, i woke up this morning to go to work, and sure enough my driver side rear tire had a flat. I have potenza re-71's on my car. It looks like a simple patch or plug job, so my baby will be back tomorrow....

------------------
White
92 Nx2000
Cone intake, 19* timing, bosal performance muffler, 2.25" custom cat-back

·
Registered
679 Posts
Awwww.... godamn nails, dont feel bad i got green stuff stuff on my bumper yesterday because i backed up into a dumpster, by the way rubbing compund works great, took the green sh*t right off tho and the small scratchs.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True that man, rubbing compound works wonders, but its not gonna make that nail go away...

------------------
White
92 Nx2000

·
Registered
679 Posts
.... good point, at least you can patch it unlike, when i slid in a curb and bent my rim and put a huge unpatchable rip in my tire

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
i feel your pain. just had a nail removed from my p4000's last week. slow leak prompted me to go get it looked at. they patched it from the inside. something my ******* butt had never seen used before. all they do back home is push the nail though if its broke off like mine was and plug it. they said the patch works great. it hasnt leaked any yet but havent had a chance to check it with a guage since then.

------------------
Thats my opinion and I could be wrong

93 classic
Aztec Red, Automatic, POP, STB, OEC battery tie down, AD22VF's, Pirelli P4000's

·
Registered
594 Posts
rubbing compound??
will it work with tar? they were constucting on my street and got tar and **** on my front lip

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmmm....tar....I would try using a tar remover first, i think 3m makes one, and then go over what left with the polishing compound.

------------------
White
92 Nx2000

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, it turns out that i had 3 nails in my one tire....
I had to get two new tires for the back, i got the new dunlop sp sport a2's, unfortunately i had to get 195/60 series instead of the 195/55's like i had on there. Oh well, its not a noticeable difference in sidewall height or driveability so far. They look pretty sweet too. Just gotta invest in two more when i get the chance.

------------------
White
92 Nx2000

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nx2k:
rubbing compound??
will it work with tar? they were constucting on my street and got tar and **** on my front lip
</font>
Any kind of solvent will work...just go to your local autoparts store and ask for some solvent! And there should be a selection...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts