Me:
R/T: .740
60': 2.487
[email protected]

Chrissy:
R/T: 1.687
60': 2.391
[email protected]

You can see I got progressively worse from my 1st run, then I sat for a while and advanced my timing to 17 deg. and ran the best of the night. I need work and more mods
. I set my rear AGXs to the highest setting for all of those 17 sec runs and I got massive wheelhop. So I put them back for my last run. Set on 5 I got a great launch compared to the rest of the night.

My car setup:

Stock 15s on the front w/ Kuhmos at 25psi
17" Enkies on the back w/ Kuhmos at 40psi
PR CAI
Stillen muffler
Spare/jack removed
17 deg. timing for the last run

------------------
Greg Taylor
Black 96 200SX SE-R
More info on my car

[This message has been edited by borguesian (edited 09-14-2001).]

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Atco is in NJ relatively close to Atlantic City... so we are basically Sea Level. I basically figured out that I suck at shifting b/c MarC drove my car and got the wheels to spin going into second gear. I think that if I use MarC's methods and get better launches I should get better times.

·
GUPAMF 4 Life
1,240 Posts
It is pretty hard to mess up your trap speeds. Perfect example on a night I was trapping 92's all night at an ET of 15.0. My first run of the night, my first ever with the lightened flywheel, I bogged so bad I almost stalled. I got a 2.8 60' time. I still got a [email protected] MPH. It was only 2 MPH off basically starting from idle. You are not getting anywhere close to 2.8 60' times so your MPH is pretty close to what it should be. Check your timing. I think you are really down on power. Also, check to see if your cat is clogged. Do a tuneup, cap, rotor, plugs, and wires.

Terrin
92 SE-R

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The timing is at 17 deg., I did a tune-up about 3-4 months ago... the only thing that is left is the Cat. Marc Anderson said my car feels just as fast as his 15.5 sec NX, and thats with my subs in and my 17s on. So I am convinced that its my shifting style.

·
Registered
909 Posts
yeah change those Pep Boys plug wires and get that Cat checked out and you will go faster. ohh and work on your launch and shifting.

------------------
MarC
93 NX2000
JWT POP charger
15.5 1/4 mile

[This message has been edited by MarC (edited 09-17-2001).]

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I think you have to improve your launchs,but keep trying.

·
GUPAMF 4 Life
1,240 Posts
Well, you can always stick your timing at 19 which is dyno proven to make more power. Also, check to see if your Cat is clogged. Another thing, get rid of the 17's. They are slowing you down big time. I really don't think its your shifting style. Time to get that car on a dyno.

Terrin
92 SE-R

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had the 15s on the front... How much more hp does 19 make then 17?

·
Old
744 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 92SE-R:
Well, you can always stick your timing at 19 which is dyno proven to make more power.
Terrin
92 SE-R
</font>
On ser.net doesn't it say there is really no diff between these 17 and 19...Greg's was set at 17 that night.
I can't find it or I would have linked it. I'll look later. Just wondering, I'm not being an ass.

[This message has been edited by Chrissy (edited 09-21-2001).]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts