SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was bored so i picked these up.

i replaced only the right bulb for comparison purposes.

they barely looked any "whiter" right from the get-go.

even less so from far away.

but they did look bright and white reflected against the wall

as i expected, they gave out a worse beam pattern. the vid camera auto-corrected the expose and turned down the brightness.

waste of my 30$

[This message has been edited by Limited Slip (edited 07-20-2001).]

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by silversx:
man, i have those in my NX. they work just fine for me.

</font>
you ever tried them side-by-side for objective testing?

·
Zed's dead baby
336 Posts
I also wasted the $30 on them. I couldnt tell a difference. Maybe if I had crystal headlights, but not with the stock head lamps. I just put them in my moms Altima, and bought a set of Xenon bulbs for $10 that not only look 10x better, but I can see everything on the road now.

------------------
'95 200sx Se-R Stillen Exhaust, Weapon R adapter intake, 17" Chrome w/ Nitto NT 555, Arospeed Adjustable coilovers
http://hometown.aol.com/ser0119/

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fast91SER:
where can i find xenon bulbs for 10 dollars??

</font>
PEP BOYS or AUTOZONE HAS THEM FOR 10 BUCKS.

G

·
0 Posts
WHHHAAAA, I put Sylvania's in my G20 and could tell the difference immediately. I like 'em. As far as the "rice" thing, ALL bulbs trying to be H.I.D. are rice (this includes myself with the Sylvania's to Xenon bulbs and coated bulbs). The only thing that isn't rice are stock bulbs and the $800-$1200 conversion.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I have the PIAA Platinum Super Whites on my car right now. I noticed the light pattern on the road was a little more spread out and defined. They are white, not the yellowish/white color stock bulbs have. When I have the fogs on, you can definetly tell the difference between the two. The fogs light looks dirty compared to the headlights.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
*ahem*... *ahem*... my testing methods were... um... faulty

after putting on the right side bulbs (and having one HELLUVA time at it--there aint no room to work with) I found out that the beams were still the same. the right side still reached farther than the left.

why? because my adjustments were off, even though the water-mark indicators showed otherwise.

so my final conclusion: they aren't any better or worse; they just give out a whiter tint.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts