SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The SE-R is no more :(

I spent the weekend at Watkins Glen race track with a bunch of SE-R buddies. On the way home last night there was police activity on Rt. 80 about 2 miles west of the GW Bridge. Cops had 2 guys on the ground in handcuffs and everyone was rubbernecking. Traffic started moving again, then stopped, and I came to a halt a few feet behind a 2wd Frontier pickup, but the woman behind me in her husbands' M5 nailed me and pushed me into the Frontier.

Thank God for seat belts and good headrests. With the way my head smashed the headrest, I don't want to think what would have happened if it wasn't there, or if it was adjusted wrong.

So the damages are both front fenders, the hood, radiator support, the whole Tsuru kit is a goner, rear fender, trunk, and the trunk floor. Luckily I was able to pull and push a few things around enough so nothing was rubbing, and I drive it home.

I'm hoping Geico will judge the car to have been in good shape and give me KBB for it, and be reasonable on the buy back. So I'm in the market for another one to move all my goodies over to.

It's a bitch when you're not in control of things. You spend the day driving on a rain-slick track at 100+ mph, and everything is fine because you've got the skill to do it, but take that control away when you're stopped dead on the road and now your destiny is in the hands of everyone else. Unfortunately for me, it was a woman driving an M5.

Pics - http://sr20.net/gallery/92_SE-R_Wrecked

C

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
DAMN chris.. sorry to hear.. glad you are okay!!

Sore at all? I think you need to go see a chiropractor... ;)

unfortunately having gone through this 2 years ago.. you will get screwed on the car. they will probably offer you about $1500 on the car, you'll get lucky to get $2000. best bet is to try and work the injury or loss of use angle.

anywhoo... glad to hear you made it out alright. hope you get something up and running by the convention...:biggthump

·
Charlie Brown look alike
3,825 Posts
Just glad to hear that you are okay and that you walked away. Any particuler shell that you are looking for? I might be able to help. Hit me up on AIM sometime.

Here is something that might help you out too.
http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=133223

·
Pâté Performance...
1,274 Posts
Man, I'm just glad to hear you're OK! Too bad for the car though.:( That car was in very good shape. Good luck finding a new shell. Lemme guess - a BLACK one?:eek2: :tongue:
How does the buyback work?

·
agent camel toe
9,396 Posts
dam..at leawst the ve is still good..glad to hear ur ok..r u going to sell anything off her?

1 - 20 of 102 Posts