SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 3 months ago I noticed that my car wasn't making much power up top (after 4k or so) I thought it was just my imagination although my BUTT dyno told me different. I also noticed that it was starting to consume some oil , something that it had never done before. I thought maybe rings were going but compression and leak down test were great. I just dealt with it and started the plans in motion to either rebuild it or buy another motor. I finally settled on a JDM motor from SOKO Amer. and talk to I guy there and was preparing to order it last Monday well I decided to hold off and order some of the smaller (cheaper) parts I needed to fix at the same time I was going to swap the motor. So I order a new clutch and PP from ACT as the copper cermanic 6 puck thats in there now absolutly drives me crazy. I also got me friend who does exhaust work to order a new flex pipe for between the Header and the cat as the old one has met with several (100s) of speed bumps and was looking rough. Well I took it to him today and had him put the new flex pipe in so it would be less to do at the swap time. Well I go to pick it up and the old pipe is on the floor so I pick it up to look at it. HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!!! My words excactly. The old flex pipe had a steel mesh in it much like the outside, the mesh had collapsed on the inside so it had a hole no bigger than a quarter slot, I couldn't believe it. I hopped into my car and went for a test drive NOOOOOO CONTEST man I couldn't even scream loud enough I was bouncing off the rev limiter 1st-2nd gear it was tach'n out so fast compared to before. Im hoping all that backpressure was getting by the rings and making it burn the oil going to changing my oil tommorrow and keep a close eye on it. Pray for it and me.!!!!
The SE-R lives!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Pretty fortunate you didn't order the engine!

Way to go!

G

·
"skyliner"
Damn that factory flex pipe is arse... I just replaced mine (was not wasted inside, had a leak) and I never thought it possible. The cat is nothing in back pressure compared to the flex pipe. The normal size of the hole is MICRO!!!! M-I-C-R-O!!!! Who's doing the engineering at Nissan?

cripes "Monsoon"
.... I thought I was the only one. 2 times now I have zipped past the rev limiter into 8000 zone. 1st time on the high way while in "road rage" mode (I know) and the other racing one of my blokes because I had my head up my arse and was not paying attention. My other blokes with 200SXs, Sentras and such had to buy chips to get past their limiters. Some of us get lucky I guess, We get to over rev & break some thing without having to pay for the ECU mod 1st.

NX2000 with extra bits

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
its probably an inaccurate tack reading. Ive heard this 8 grand stuff before. Esp in first gen SR20's. Engine speed is actually at like 7500.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Monsoon:
ok, does a stock sentra se-r have a rev-limiter? i know the technology was primitive at the time
</font>

You do. Drive in 1st gear and don't let off the gas. Keep it in 1st. You will hear "wanhhhhgggg" sound and the car will stop going further. Your tach is probably off. It is possible to take you RPMS higher than allowed by missing shifts though.

·
Registered
244 Posts
How much did that part run you and is that the technical name for it?

------------------
Daniel K
93 NX2000 w/ intake, clear bumper lenses and more to come!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts