SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Fox bodies are definately my favorite mustangs.

·
95NismoB14grl
1,492 Posts
you live in Manchester??

·
Red line chaser
2,040 Posts
Nice find. My fav's are the 91-93 GT's. They can be some fun cars when modded properly (power, suspension, brakes as a complete package instead of all power and stock everything else). Just make sure you get some good sub-frame connectors WELDED in the chassis. They love to do the twist under power.

·
They're just cones!
1,941 Posts
I will own a 93 notchback one of these days. Nice car.

·
the original 4-door SR20
590 Posts
I will tell you this much, nothing sounds as good as a 5.0 with an exhaust. Those cars are so much fun. I owned an 87 GT. I miss that beast. How does your SE-R do against the 5.0?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Nice. The king of late 80s- early 90s pony car, and the king of early 90s sport compact. You got taste bud.

·
No soup for you
2,266 Posts
Nice car! I'm gettin gready to buy a 90 Notch. I have some big plans for it already.

John

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
redserprise said:
93 cobra...my favorite. that stang looks nice and clean, by the way
My uncles has a red 93 cobra, full built bottom end and everything. Only thing holding it back is the cheap powerdyne supercharger. That gets squirrel with just a tap on the gas, he smoked me when I was driving my grandpas 911 carrera.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Only car that ever beat me in my det, was a foxbody with a blower :( but it was at stock boost, from a roll..hehe...but he still beat me.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Firstly, yes nismo91ser I live in Manchester right on Adams street...literally 100 yards from Decormier Nissan. So if you ever drive to the mall that way, you'll see either my black se-r in the front of my house, or my roomates maroon nx2k.

Compared to the se-r, the mustang either seems about the same speed, or it's too heavy to tell. My se-r has headers, exhaust, intake, timing, and suspension... so all the basic mods. The Mustang has the 5.0, and it has the subframe braces welded on underneath. The exhaust isn't stock, right now it's running without any cats. But other than a k & N filter, the rest of the car is pretty much stock. The previous owner was going to turn it into a show car. It's actually an LX with all the GT side skirts and front bumper, etc. The only differences between the two were the taillamps, some of the interior pieces and then the ground effects. The reason that the stang doesn't really feel as fast as it could is probably because the guy dynomatted the ENTIRE interior from ceilings to floors. There is a huge box in the back with two 12" subs and two amps. He also sent the seats to california to get them re-upholstered in two tone leather. It all looks pretty nice, but not helping the performance any. But for 3600 with zero rust, only 72k miles, five speed, and a stereo and alarm worth in excess of $2500....I couldn't pass it up.

·
the original 4-door SR20
590 Posts
That was a steal. That is the biggest problem of the 5.0's, RUST. Your lucky, I haven't seen to many of the older 5.0's without rust in New England. It usually starts right underneath the hatchback. That is the only reason I got rid of mine, it was a rust bucket. But have fun!!

·
95NismoB14grl
1,492 Posts
HEy i live in Manchester too, right in the Velvet mills. I drive by all the time. I have the black turbo classic with tinted window and a Stillen Kit.

·
stirring but plain-faced
993 Posts
Nice car man. Im going to check out a clean 90' LX notch this weekend. It dosnt have a motor or trans, but that shouldnt be a problem ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Nismo, I hang outside sometimes...I never see your classic (let alone normal ones) drive by. But if you see someone standing outside it's either me or my roomate and you should pull in or something. I've never actually seen a turbo se-r.... I know, that's pretty pathetic.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts