SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize this might sound silly, but the wheel/tire setup on my car right now seems to hold the road a little too well. I'd rather be able to easily push my car to the limits so I could get more experience with controlling the car when oversteer/understeer kicks in. Right now the car just holds on under I am going way too fast and then suddenly lets go and I lose control.

Any ideas to get a little less grip from my tires? The car (91 classic) came with some ugly aftermarket 15" 195mnm wheels with Falken 502 tires. Should I relpace the tires with some different ones with less grip that will let go a little more gradually, try to find some stock se-r wheels to replace these with or maybe add more air in the tires to get less grip?

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Be happy you have traction now. Once you add some more mods you'll have traction problems like many of us do.

[This message has been edited by 97 Black SER (edited 01-07-2001).]

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Throw those babies on my turbo Sentra with no LSD and I'll show you how much traction they REALLY have

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
Registered
420 Posts
really? cause I have the Falken Ziex and I personally think they suck. I've chirped all the way to 4th (once. scratching third gear is as easy as starting the car). Look at my mods, not that much. I haven't had very good experience on water, dry, ice, sand, anything on the road. I'm used to my brother's Probe which can handle like you wouldn't believe, but these tires just don't seem to stick.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The tires are terrible in the wet. But they seem to hold good in the dry. I've never managed to chirp 2nd gear.

Ironically, pulling into the gas station (only to find out I still had 5 gallons left because of that damn faulty fuel guage) I clipped the curb and popped my front right tire. I'm pretty sure they won't be willing to fix it, either, since the tread wore unevenly (I've since had the car aligned.)

So, it looks like new tires for me. I want to get rid of those ugly wheels, so I think I will try to buy some used oem se-r wheels.. or maybe some b14 wheels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts